The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

Any Del

Reaction score
I don’t know if we covered this or not, but how many of you like sour candy?
In my younger days, sour candy really didn’t exist. The closest you had were Smarties. They were a little tart, but not sour. Same with Sweetarts. Not enough to really make you pucker.
Then in the late 80s there were sour Jolly Ranchers. Then came Sour Patch Kids, and sour candy became huge.
I think the candy makers really went overboard with Sour Pixie Stix. Pixie Stix have enough sugar to kill me, then die with a pucker on your face.
I use to eat Sour Patch Kids back in my elementary and middle school days. After a while the sour taste started turning me off.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So much as I don’t want to, I’m honestly cutting back on store brand alfredo sauce. Too much sodium and honestly that stuff just makes me completely gassy as ****.

These last two jars will be my final two jars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as wyngs are concerned, I don't mind BBQ or even buffalo wyngs, but either way, they need a dipping sauce; ranch is my preference. I seem to recall Raymond once made a big deal about not having dipping sauce for his buffalo wyngs on EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND once.

As for sour candy . . . yeah, no thanks.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One final word on sour candy. When I was little, I liked Charms sour balls. They came in a little can of twenty. Thing is, they weren’t sour. Not even the lemon ones.

Charms was more famous for their lollipops.
Remember the Sesame clip of Lefty reciting the alphabet to his boss? And he got a lollipop at the end? That’s a Charms Big Pop.

Then you had Charms Blow Pops Lollipops with bubble gum in the center.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jolly Rancher is horrid stuff, and I was so miffed when Apple Snapple went from tasting like actual apples to tasting like apple-flavored Jolly Rancher. Ick.

Blow pops I like rather well, same with Tootsie pops.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I never found out how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie pop. (That commercial aired for decades). I’d put one in the side of my mouth and let the lollipop melt away.
I’m happy Tootsie pops still exist.

Everlasting Gobstoppers we’re neat too. They had different layers that changed colors, but they had a sour powdery center.

Jaw Breakers were neat too. They made one the size of a baseball. You couldn’t even fit it in your mouth. You had to break it into pieces to eat it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ED, EDD N EDDY made jawbreakers popular in the late 90s and early 2000s obviously since that was always their coveted candy of choice.

Last edited: