The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I used to be happy with just ketchup on a burger. No cheese. As a little kid, that’s how plain I was.
Now if I order a burger out (or make one at home), many restaurants have some version of a Southwest burger. Cheddar, fried onions, and BBQ sauce. Plus some lettuce to make it healthy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I definitely like having lettuce on my burgers unless it’s specifically five guys where I want to appreciate that peanut oil flavor the burgers have. The lettuce adds a nice crunch and extra flavor.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Going back to ketchup on a dog, the only thing I will say in regards to that is it doesn’t have the best look. But as the saying goes, looks can be deceiving.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know what the story is with White Castle, but Krystal (the southern version of White Castle) only has three toppings they put on their burgers: mustard, minced onions, and pickle slices. You can get cheese if you want. The only problem is certain locations go really overboard with the mustard, which can kind of ruin the burger.

Similarly, I find all McDonald's are notorious for drowning their burgers in ketchup, which is why I almost always ask for no ketchup when I order from them.

And as of now, Sonic has started putting ketchup on their burgers (it used to be just mayo) - it really doesn't help.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t mind ketchup or mustard on a burger but too much of either is nasty.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I had a McDonald’s burger with ketchup. I’d rather have a Big Mac or a chicken sandwich. But I don’t remember any burgers I got being drowned in ketchup.

It ‘s also off-putting to see people drown their fries in ketchup. It looks like something out of a horror film.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I used to like doing that, but I find it just makes the ketchup warm and overall it’s a mess. I prefer dipping my fries in ketchup.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My wife loves Buffalo wings, so as long as we’ve been married, we have Frank’s hot sauce. Not for me.
I’ve had sauces hotter than Frank’s, but it’s harsh.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t know if we covered this or not, but how many of you like sour candy?
In my younger days, sour candy really didn’t exist. The closest you had were Smarties. They were a little tart, but not sour. Same with Sweetarts. Not enough to really make you pucker.
Then in the late 80s there were sour Jolly Ranchers. Then came Sour Patch Kids, and sour candy became huge.
I think the candy makers really went overboard with Sour Pixie Stix. Pixie Stix have enough sugar to kill me, then die with a pucker on your face.