The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, other than breakfast items, I can't imagine orange juice with anything else making an appetizing combination.

Though, thanks to certain SS inserts, I find that my drink of choice when it comes to eating pizza is grape juice.

@fuzzygobo Your thoughts on Colonel Potter dunking fig newtons into scotch, or Hawkeye pouring beer instead of milk into his cereal?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That and Ernie and Bert with their two glasses of ice cold grape juice to go with their delicious slices of cheese, sausage, anchovy, and pepperoni pizza. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah, other than breakfast items, I can't imagine orange juice with anything else making an appetizing combination.

Though, thanks to certain SS inserts, I find that my drink of choice when it comes to eating pizza is grape juice.

@fuzzygobo Your thoughts on Colonel Potter dunking fig newtons into scotch, or Hawkeye pouring beer instead of milk into his cereal?
Dunking fig newtons in scotch doesn’t sound so far fetched. However, beer on Rice Krispies, not so much. But that’s all Rosie had.

Orangejuice and vodka makes a screwdriver, and I have one happy wife.

Some fancy brunches offer Mermosas, which is orange juice and champagne.

The only other breakfast cocktail is a Bloody Mary, which my mom liked.
Vodka, tomato juice or V8, Worcestershire sauce, shaken over ice, garnish with a celery stalk. Several generations ago, this was the drink of choice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom always orders a Bloody Mary in a restaurant, no matter where she goes.
Apparently it's also a go-to drink when you're a vampire who tries desperately not to actually drink human blood, so I've heard.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That and Ernie and Bert with their two glasses of ice cold grape juice to go with their delicious slices of cheese, sausage, anchovy, and pepperoni pizza. :stick_out_tongue:
Take away the anchovies and you got a bomb sausage and pepperoni pizza.

But yeah, grape juice definitely makes a nice drink to wash down all that greasy bread and cheese. Though also depends on toppings for me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, when it comes to pizza toppings, the only ones I won't go for are peppers and olives. Anything else is cool with me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I thought pepperoni was the best pizza topping until I tried chicken bacon ranch.

Completely unrelated, my mom is coming up next month. She’ll be craving bagels since they’re hard to find in Nashville. Because there’s such a heavy Jewish population up here, bagel shops are all over.