The evolution of Bert & Ernie

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97
Hello! Bert and Ernie have had lots of makeovers for the past 33 years. Back in 69, Bert's facial expression indicated that he was always mad. His voice was very monotone and his hair hung down. Ernie's hair looked messy, he was bug-eyed his voice was sligtly monotone and whispy. Bert's shirt had the same colors as today but Ernie's was purple, pink, yellow and orange.
Ya know what? If you plug in "Jackie" where it says "Bert" and "Emmy" "Ernie", this takes on a whooooole new level of humor... *snicker* :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
Now all I need is some saddle shoes and orgile socks.

And a rubber chicken. Don't forget the rubber chicken.

Or the muffins.
Uh, ya mean "argyle" socks? lol :stick_out_tongue: Looks like you were too excited over them saddle shoes!

And just make sure the muffins aren't rubber---let's not go there.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Byronius--

Mikey Bee 97542345235 said that about the orgill (misspelled right?) socks. I was quoting him.

Rubber muffins, huh? Hmm...now I feel suddenly lonely for some reason...

Well, one thing about Bert: He has wrinkles in his fleece sometimes. That's ONE sure thing you don't have to worry about Fozzie, cause he's furry. You cannot see wrinkles under fur, right Byron? :smile:

FOZ!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Even though Fozzie is furry, he looked kind of ugly during the first season of the Muppet show.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Nope. He never had wrinkles and He'll always be funny!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Thanks, man! Fozzie's cool! I just hope Frank will make his comeback as him!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't forsee Frank Oz coming back as Fozzie Bear again. :frown:

I think he pretty much has retired himself from it all, hence the replacement performers for his characters.

I think it says alot about a guy, too, when it takes 3 or 4 performers to do your job, you know? Frank Oz was the best; too bad he had to let it go.

I'm going to go curl up in a corner and cry now.

foz:frown:

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I'll miss Frank's Fozzie and his Animal and Piggy. At least he still does Cookie in a few "Letter of the Day" segments and he did Grover in one too.