The evolution of Bert & Ernie

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Hello! Bert and Ernie have had lots of makeovers for the past 33 years. Back in 69, Bert's facial expression indicated that he was always mad. His voice was very monotone and his hair hung down. Ernie's hair looked messy, he was bug-eyed his voice was sligtly monotone and whispy. Bert's shirt had the same colors as today but Ernie's was purple, pink, yellow and orange.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The heads were different too. If you notice, Bert's neck and chin kind of merged into a sloppy, droopy hand puppet look. If you look at Bert today, his head is much more in shape. It is completely rounded off where the droopy thing once was. Plus, I think their noses were a little different!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Ernie's nose was dark pink or purple. Bert's was orange but it was droopy. Bert's voice seems falsetto. Ernie's voice is kind of hyper.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA!

Not too long ago, Bert's material had a wrinkle in it. I think he needs a little hem work...

Maybe they should call in that investigative tailor, Sherlock HEMWORK to repair the seams...WOCKA WOCKA!!

FOZ

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Wow! There's somthing I noticed. In the episode where Snuffy debuts from Sesame's third season, Bert & Ernie had their fourth season look. In the rainstorm episode from 1972, they had their 1971 look. Did they only look different in the third season premiere episode?

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97
Wow! There's somthing I noticed. In the episode where Snuffy debuts from Sesame's third season, Bert & Ernie had their fourth season look. In the rainstorm episode from 1972, they had their 1971 look. Did they only look different in the third season premiere episode?
I'm pretty sure that in the Rainstorm episode, the Bert and Ernie clips are inserts from Season 2.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
So the Bert & Ernie clips aren't from 72. They're from 1970. I've noticed that as Bert & Ernie evolved, so did Frank and Jim.

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97
So the Bert & Ernie clips aren't from 72. They're from 1970. I've noticed that as Bert & Ernie evolved, so did Frank and Jim.
Well, we're all a work in progress, aren't we? :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hmmmm...I wonder if this has anything to do with possible makeovers of Jackie and Emmy? . . .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man :" Hmmmm...I wonder if this has anything to do with possible makeovers of Jackie and Emmy? . . . "

You mean into cola and muffin dips?

FOZ