The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Double-present,gosh how lazy can one get. Luckily,my birthday is on April Fools Day.No-one has dared to give me prank stuff on my birthday,that's a good thing.I've never,ever in my life have ever received flowers on Valentines Day,nor any other day;not allergic to them,guess people don't think of me as a flower person.As far as the little kiddy VDay cards in school,that was kind of cool.There are a few of them still floating here and there around my house. My father always kept our cards from over the years(anniv.,Vday,birthday);its nice to look at the past every once in awhile. I'm a romantic at heart,always will be.I agree,the joy of Valentines Day(Christmas peace for that matter),should be a whole year 'round feeling.:zany:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
See, I hate Valentines Day; this year's been bad and a lonely Valentines Day would really top it off. Last year I spent it with my psychotic bunny-boiling girlfriend, and I could never be desperate enough to go back to her. I think I'm spending it with my friends this year as they're what's important to me right now. Though a boy/girlfriend would be great about now!
Boy/Girlfriend...??

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
I hate Valentine's Day, but for another reason -- it's my birthday!

I'll be 31 in about 3 three weeks and I ain't gettin' any younger! :eek:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Hey christyb, sorry about your situation. A double present is way cheapo and totally uncool.

As for the Elementary School paper Valentines, those rocked! I had forgotten all about those. I remember picking out the most romantic Disney or Scooby Doo valentines to give to the girls I had a crush on. Last year, I bought my wife a package of Harry Potter valentines just because we're both dorks. They should come out with Muppets ones, I would definitely buy those.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Hey christyb, sorry about your situation. A double present is way cheapo and totally uncool.

As for the Elementary School paper Valentines, those rocked! I had forgotten all about those. I remember picking out the most romantic Disney or Scooby Doo valentines to give to the girls I had a crush on. Last year, I bought my wife a package of Harry Potter valentines just because we're both dorks. They should come out with Muppets ones, I would definitely buy those.
We gave out Harry Potter ones a couple of years ago, and actually a couple of years before that too. Once they had pictures from the movies, and once they were foldable "fortune tellers" that would tell you which house you were sorted into. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
WoooHooo a fellow sufferer. I know what you feel Lone Wolf.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I hated Valentines day, my wife hated Valentines day. I hated it because I tell her every day how special she is to me and how much I love her and I send her little notes and cards and stuff all the time, and the fact that this one stupid day had to remind the masses of that bothered me.
She hated it because (not including me obviously) almost every guy she dated dumped her on that day.
So to rectify the situation, we got married on Feb. 14 so we could enjoy the day! :flirt:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I hated Valentines day, my wife hated Valentines day. I hated it because I tell her every day how special she is to me and how much I love her and I send her little notes and cards and stuff all the time, and the fact that this one stupid day had to remind the masses of that bothered me.
She hated it because (not including me obviously) almost every guy she dated dumped her on that day.
So to rectify the situation, we got married on Feb. 14 so we could enjoy the day! :flirt:
To quote one of the Little Rascals, "That's so romantical!" Way to go, Vic Romano!

Gloworm

Reaction score
I am going to spend my Valentines day watching The Return of The King extended version on DVD, it's four hours long so I have to set apart about a day to watch it. Adn if my Dad even thinks abotu coming in and telling me I'm wasting my time or says "why don't you go out with your friends, they can't ALL be in couples" I will tell that if he is so desperate for me to have a boyfriend he can hook me up with one of the delightful students he teahes. ha. :grouchy: