The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

beaker

Reaction score
If there is one day of the year I absolutely hate, loathe and despise...it is Valentines day. Its the one time of the year us single folks get to feel like poo under a magnifying glass, while all the couply people out there get to flaunt their decadence. In the last few days, every site I go to has annoying Valentiens day spam popups...my inbox gets spam about Valentines stuff, its on every commercial, show, etc. It makes me sick.

To heck with Valentines day, may it burn in the eternal flame of
destruction! :wink: Ok, that was a bit too harsh...but yeah, us single folks should rise up against that day.

Valentines day only serves to throw tomatoes and rotten vegetables at us folks who cant/choose to get a date as a kind of play yard 'ha ha'...only its backed by countless millions in advertising.

Ok, this post sounds kind of bitter, but Im sure theres those out there who can symphathize.

Perhaps the one good thing that could come from nuclear missles headed at the US, is that it improves my chances of getting a gf! ^_^

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I am single, yet I don't feel this way at all.

Lighten up and perhaps love will come your way.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Yeah... valentines day reaks...

At least Pepe lePrawn is on The other half!
Aw yes...tommorrow afternoon! Oooh, cant wait...Pepe's first appearence on as a talk show guest!

But yeah, V day reaks like an opened sarcofagus on the Serenghetti plains.

Well, at least I cheered myself up with this neat self portrait:

I call this one: ".c//0ry: The magnificent kid hierophant, on the glorious rise of an endless concerto...AKA astonishing panorama of the squishy fun times"

(That's my partner in crime Kiwi...and yes, I somehow seem to draw myself in a wide array of exquisitely rich chinese fabrics and silks)
http://forums.palisadestoys.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=32279

Aw yes, life on the roaming fractal wetlands of the dreaming is grand.

Luke

Reaction score
Y'see Cory, you DO have a nice bird to kiss on Valentines Day ! :big_grin:

Love the drawing btw - u is good !

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Cannot see why you feel so bad; I am happily single and uninvolved in any relationships, and yet I still enjoy Valentine's Day...I guess it's just all the good vibes floating around...:big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Like all previous Valentine's Days, I am single.

And yet I don't let it bother me (although it did in high school, but that's a whole other issue).

I like to spend my Valentine's Day just going nuts on stuff that I love. Frosting? You bet (I am now addicted to frosting. I love it. I go to the store and I buy it, and then I eat it. It's *TONS* of sugar, but wow). Music I love? You bet. I like to treat myself because... I love me!

It sounds all stupid and everything, but it's fun...

:big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey the best thing about being single on valentines is
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON SOMEONE!

i've been single for over 3 years and i'm 21, and i really don't care about haveing a g/f....i can get a g/f if i wanted to but i don't want one. i like being by myself.you have more freedom. besides, valentines day is clearly over rated....and i think it's a pointless event like groundhog day...so don't feel bad that you're single on valentines....like i say, who cares about valentines day!!!..

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
It isn't so bad if you know you're mom is giving you the Floyd action figure that you didn't get for Christmas!:big_grin:

By the way Emmy, I've got some frosting in my room right now that you can have because otherwise I eat too much of it!!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
By the way Emmy, I've got some frosting in my room right now that you can have because otherwise I eat too much of it!!
That's ok. I've had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

(enough to know that I prefer the Meijer brand to the Duncan Hines)

:big_grin: