The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Did anyone get to read my Change.org petition for the entire The Electric Company series? Just thought I would ask. Who agrees that Sesame Workshop is literally sitting on a gold mine with this as far as the show's Generation X fans go? The conversion process and all that goes with it, the price that entails, there may be a point there about a payment for such labor involved in putting episodes to DVD. Too bad, right, that there isn't a cable/satellite television channel called PBS Classics, where the channel logo would have the 1971 I.D. as part of the logo and the word Classics in the logo lettering or typeface? In order to make the viewing experience there more enjoyable, the episodes would have to be presented original and unedited, 1971 PBS I.D. logo left in the episode closings and all, and no plastering of the current Sesame Workshop logo over the closings.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I guess I made someone reconsider the offer but not on purpose.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
One thing I can see being a (remote) possibility is a channel devoted to classic episodes of Sesame Street and The Electric Company on PlutoTV. I mean, PlutoTV has made awesome off-the-wall deals wtih regards to getting the rights to air some long-running series, such as The Price is Right, and Wheel of Fortune, and didn't even have to go through royalties issues regarding music rights, celebrity clearances, etc. That said, I think Pluto TV should have no trouble with negotiating a deal with Sesame Workshop to offer classic Sesame Street and The Electric Company someday. There may be some segments to edit out due to being inappropriate to today's younger generation (i.e. "Five Purple Konkers", due to the creatures hitting themselves in the head, and some getting killed due to other misfortunes).

Last edited:

ASD Mind

Reaction score
If such programs do get on Pluto, Yellow Yahooey, like I have said, the episodes will have to be original and unedited, right down to the funding credits and NET/PBS I.D.s. No plastering over those with the present Sesame Workshop logo either. "Five Purple Konkers," the episodes containing that would have to have a disclaimer warning at the beginning. Otherwise, curse the political correctness that abounds today!

JK23

Reaction score
Did anyone get to read my Change.org petition for the entire The Electric Company series? Just thought I would ask. Who agrees that Sesame Workshop is literally sitting on a gold mine with this as far as the show's Generation X fans go? The conversion process and all that goes with it, the price that entails, there may be a point there about a payment for such labor involved in putting episodes to DVD. Too bad, right, that there isn't a cable/satellite television channel called PBS Classics, where the channel logo would have the 1971 I.D. as part of the logo and the word Classics in the logo lettering or typeface? In order to make the viewing experience there more enjoyable, the episodes would have to be presented original and unedited, 1971 PBS I.D. logo left in the episode closings and all, and no plastering of the current Sesame Workshop logo over the closings.
I only want the whole first, second, and sixth season since those my favorites out the whole series…..

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
He did offer me a deal for the entire run of Sesame Street last spring, but I ultimately turned him down because I did not want to pay any sum of money for illegally obtained episodes. After I turned down the offer, he called me the "R" word (one that rhymes with "hard"). Needless to say, I blocked him pronto.

But considering the money the user is asking for is likely for the conversion process and other work associated with it and not for financial gain, maybe I might reconsider at some point down the road. Probably after Christmas.
I turned down the offer too, and he called me something much worse...

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Even more reason for me to not do any business with the user in question.

I think he's a scammer.

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
I just want to forget this, not need all those other episodes, and move on with my life, but if it’s not a scam, that’s an awful lot to walk away from…

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
Even more reason for me to not do any business with the user in question.

I think he's a scammer.
Uh, guys? I just wanted to say something else interesting. After I refused his offer, he also said I could pay him the first $100 as a down payment and the other $150 after I got them, so... that complicates things. Plus, the price is negotiable, so... if it is a scam, what could it be for?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I would just leave him alone if I were you. When in doubt, do without.