The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

ASD Mind

Reaction score
There was a live action "PR" skit. Unfortunately all I can remember of it, June Angela and Stephen Gustafson as guests on a fake tv show demonstrating they know how to PRUNE.
They take garden shears and pop a bunch of balloons. Thanks to CTW's resourcefulness, the score is taken from Sesame Street's scene of Bob, Luis, and the train coming out of the tunnel.

When I was little, I had trouble with loud noises, and popping balloons used to freak me out.

So how did I get over my fear of loud noise? I joined a rock band in high school. Brilliant.
I have to know something related to your fear of loud noise. You don't happen to be Autistic, do you? Curious to know.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
And from there we go to the B&L as Skip times Bayn Johnson and Melanie Henderson on how fast they can say, "Bleached Blonde Blanche blinked in the blinding blizzard." Melanie has the shorter time... until an audience member claiming to be from Mars (Morgan Freeman) volunteers to say it. And... "BleachedBlondeBlancheblinkedintheblindingblizzard." One and a half seconds!
Skip's ending line: "Give a martian an inch and he'll take a mile!"

ASD Mind

Reaction score
I KNOW! I was thinking about that just yesterday!

Skip Hinnant hosted "YOU WEREN'T THERE", a show all about events in history you missed because you weren't born yet, were out of town, or just weren't paying attention. In one episode, George Washington (Morgan) gave suggestions to Betsy Ross (Judy) on what the third color for the American Flag should be - green? Brown? Pink? Of course, blue was the only color she had left...

In another installment, Alexander Graham Cracker (Jimmy) tested out his new invention, the telephone, by saying "Hello, this is a very happy day!" into it... and accidentally won a morning call-in show by doing so.

"And you weren't there. Aren't you glad?"
You Weren't There, a parody of the documentary series about events in history called You Are There.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
I felt like recording episodes from Amazon was stealing.
Which is why I recommend looking at and signing this petition of mine, currently at 400 signatures. If Sesame Workshop would be able to split the money from the DVD box set sales with the rights holders of the properties that aren't theirs; Road Runner (Warner Bros.), Spider-Man (Marvel Entertainment), I would think that would turn out good. Release the entire 1971-1977 PBS series The Electric Company to a deluxe DVD box set. Of course, all 780 episodes would have to be original and unedited, right down to the classic 1971 PBS I.D. at the closings of them. Would anyone admit that the sponsor credits with the various versions of the theme music did set the mood for that logo at the end? For me, the goose pimples would already begin to form before the logo even appeared!

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Which is why I recommend looking at and signing this petition of mine, currently at 400 signatures. If Sesame Workshop would be able to split the money from the DVD box set sales with the rights holders of the properties that aren't theirs; Road Runner (Warner Bros.), Spider-Man (Marvel Entertainment), I would think that would turn out good. Release the entire 1971-1977 PBS series The Electric Company to a deluxe DVD box set. Of course, all 780 episodes would have to be original and unedited, right down to the classic 1971 PBS I.D. at the closings of them. Would anyone admit that the sponsor credits with the various versions of the theme music did set the mood for that logo at the end? For me, the goose pimples would already begin to form before the logo even appeared!
Also for episodes on DVD, you might want to ask MC member 80sMuppetFan, who has told me he has the whole 780 episode run from the vaults. If you prefer not to go that route, please feel free to sign my petition.

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
Also for episodes on DVD, you might want to ask MC member 80sMuppetFan, who has told me he has the whole 780 episode run from the vaults. If you prefer not to go that route, please feel free to sign my petition.
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! 80sMuppetFan has all 780?! Well, where is he and how do I ask him for them?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
And while you're at it, try to get some classic Sesame Street episodes, particularly episodes from Seasons 9 through 14.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! 80sMuppetFan has all 780?! Well, where is he and how do I ask him for them?
All I know is that he is a member here, you can email him at idockyxmas@gmail.com. Heads up, it will not come cheap if you are asking for them via email downloads or on DVDs made for you. I had to get down to negotiating a price of $200.00 for the whole enchilada.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
He did offer me a deal for the entire run of Sesame Street last spring, but I ultimately turned him down because I did not want to pay any sum of money for illegally obtained episodes. After I turned down the offer, he called me the "R" word (one that rhymes with "hard"). Needless to say, I blocked him pronto.

But considering the money the user is asking for is likely for the conversion process and other work associated with it and not for financial gain, maybe I might reconsider at some point down the road. Probably after Christmas.

Last edited:

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
He did offer me a deal for the entire run of Sesame Street last spring, but I ultimately turned him down because I did not want to pay any sum of money for illegally obtained episodes. After I turned down the offer, he called me the "R" word (one that rhymes with "hard"). Needless to say, I blocked him pronto.

But considering the money the user is asking for is likely for the conversion process and other work associated with it and not for financial gain, maybe I might reconsider at some point down the road. Probably after Christmas.
It seems like I’m the most enthused about saying yes to the offer, but it sounds complicated right now, so as of the moment I’m waiting for someone else to take action.