The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

ASD Mind

Reaction score
I can't seem to get those 312 episodes of The Electric Company from 80sMuppetFan. Perhaps some of you can call law enforcement on him.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
^ Yep, I knew it. I knew I sensed something suspicious about the user. He scammed you. He stole a lot of money from you. That said, I really am glad I turned down his offer back in May, though for him to use the "R" word towards me was quite disturbing, but at the same time it was a telltale sign that it was a scam in the making.

But either way, I am taking Lucas' advice on his last post, I am done with talking about the user in question, and I certainly hope action is taken pronto.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
I suggested there about what action to take; calling law enforcement on George Wesson. It would be nice if someone were able to cheer me up for my 52nd birthday on Saturday, October 14, 2023 by way of obtaining those 312 episodes hook or crook, where a deal gets worked out with 80sMuppetFan and at the same time gets him arrested. There must be someone who can probe his Google Drive and be able to get its contents to me!

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Well, the truth is, he is not supposed to be selling the episodes because they weren't his to begin with. They are all the properties of Sesame Workshop, and if the user does have the copies, he obtained them illegally. In fact, if he does obtain the episodes, he is not supposed to share them with anyone else. Uploading episodes is piracy, and it's illegal. If the police probe the user's Google Drive, they will likely delete every episode he uploaded, and likely arrest him for piracy, or make him pay a stiff fine. So either way, you will not be getting the episodes no matter how much you desperately want them. Also, I will add one other thing: his Google Drive may end up being shut down and he won't be able to access the episodes he may have - assuming he has them.

To sum it up, you'll be lucky to get your money refunded if anything.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Okay, so I apologize in advance to be using strong language, but ****! This makes it all the more important to support the petition I have running; Release the entire 1971-1977 PBS series The Electric Company to a deluxe DVD box set, presently at 405 signatures. Otherwise it seems that those first 312 episodes will remain a mystery, curses and drat! If Sesame Workshop could split the money on deluxe DVD/Blu-Ray box set sales of the series, original and unedited, right down to the classic 1971 PBS I.D. that closed every program, with the rights holders of the properties that are not theirs; Road Runner (Warner Bros.), Spider-Man (Marvel Entertainment, Disney), I would think that would turn out good. Seems to me apart from all that that Sesame Workshop really doesn't care to look back on its rich past. Why not do background checks on George Wesson when you possibly can?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Well, why not just hope that a Pluto TV channel for classic episodes of The Electric Company and Sesame Street gets launched someday? Pluto TV has successfully negotiated and made great deals with programming, and were even willing to pay other companies to use copyrighted material such as music by licensed recording acts and other stuff. Besides, the Amazon releases of The Electric Company has the Spider-Man segments kept intact on some episodes, and are Marvel Entertainment and Disney complaining? Obviously not, otherwise the episodes would have disappeared by now.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
If Sesame Street and The Electric Company do show up on Pluto, we can only hope the original closing funding credits and Friday credit rolls are kept intact, as well as the 1971 PBS I.D., and none of this plastering over all that with the current Sesame Workshop logo. Sorry, but I consider the closing funding credits, Friday credit rolls, and NET/PBS I.D.s just as important. As someone once wrote about when they were being rerun on Noggin, "It feels so natural for the PBS I.D. to appear at the closings of the episodes and Noggin's reruns ruin that," or something like that. I still opt for a deluxe DVD/Blu-Ray box set of the entire run of The Electric Company, with everything I mentioned left intact. It's hard to believe that some of those master tapes of TEC episodes had gotten lost in a fire or whatever it is that Heather Ferreira once told me. I know there were duplicates of episode master tapes made like she has that were bicycled as it were from PBS station to PBS station in the days before via satellite transmission. It's a shame that the popularity resurgence of the original The Electric Company series apparently died out after those two Shout Factory DVD box set releases and the 2007 retrospective documentary. Would you like to know where to call Sesame Workshop directly?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I would just leave them alone if I were you. They got bigger fish to fry.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
And they are obviously not interested in their historical past! Why don't you get George Wesson reported to the police?