The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did you see the 1991 episode where Professor Crashcup came in his time machine and brought the chipmunks form the "50's" to meet their selves in the 90's and they both traded places because they both sets of them though that life would be easier in a different time.

Ahhhh... Back to Alvin's future. Pehaps the highlight of the Chipmunks got to the movies series.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Did you see the 1991 episode where Professor Crashcup came in his time machine and brought the chipmunks form the "50's" to meet their selves in the 90's and they both traded places because they both sets of them though that life would be easier in a different time.
Oh yeah...that's right! I forgot about that, thanks! That was such a great idea, the way the different Chimpmunks interacted with the different Daves. The modern chimpmunks made fun of the old music and Dave's outfit. And the older chimpmunks were shocked by Walkmans and the fact that they were going on tour! lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but I saw a comic strip of Garfield, where the Garfield of today suddenly discovered the Garfield of the 70s rading the fridge.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
"Doctor, their talking about micro thingies and synthesonthings, and they look funny!" LOL!:zany:

Yeah, I remember that one too, Snwothy. I think that was during his 25 or 26th birthday. Surreal.:eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that one too, Snwothy. I think that was during his 25 or 26th birthday. Surreal.:eek:
And ever since then, I'VE been notorious for doing comics like that; I once did one where today's Rocky the Flying Squirrel met the first, original Rocky of the 50s.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's next? Hong Kong Phooey? I'm telling you THAT is gonna be the new script.
I really should have responded to this sooner... there WAS a Hong Kong Phooey movie in the works, but nothing seems to have come out of it. Much like the Wacky Races Movie they originally planned in 1995 (After the Flintstones film was released) that was to star Dustin Hoffman as Dastardly (If you watch the movie Hook, his performance of the notorious pirate shows it would have been perfect). Nothing. And they keep kicking around a Jetsons film... nothing happened.

BTW, I started a new thread on a real GOOD idea that should have been done sooner... let's say it involves a famous fat tabby who likes to eat Lasagne and kick puppy dogs off tables...

AngryEwok

Reaction score
I saw the Alvin and the Chipmunks standup/poster display on my way in to see Ratatouille. I was borderline disgusted by the movie's apparent "urban" take on the boys, but like it's already been stated, unfortunatelty a lot of the suits in charge of properties these days will totally flush any history a property has for a last ditch effort money grab.

I guess turning a franchise "hip" with CGI characters wearing gold chains and likenesses of rappers has pretty much become par for the course...

It only increases my appreciation of Jim Henson's work.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Alvin ate Theodore's poo. Yuck! *chuckles*