The breakfast cereal thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know, drtooth hasn't been around for a while. He must be in his late 30's by now. I wonder if he can still eat the sweet cereals he had when he was younger.
As you get older, you have to start eating better. I'm living proof. I still enjoy the occasional bowl of Lucky Charms but I can't live on it. My mainstay now is plain unadulterated Rice Krispies.
Sounds boring, but that's how it is. I wonder if he crossed that bridge yet.
Not to scare anybody, but all your bodies will get there someday.
Trust me, I’m already at that point where sugary cereals are now a once in awhile thing for me. It sucks, but it feels rewarding when you have it once in awhile.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll tell ya, one cereal that you really do have to eat quickly is Frosted Mini Wheats, because that frosted part seems to dissolve in milk almost instanteneously.

C to the J

Reaction score
You know what I do to keep my Mini-Wheats from getting soggy? I keep the milk in a tall glass, scoop up peanut butter on a spoon, use that spoon to pick up the Mini-Wheats and put them in my mouth, and sip the milk. It still works even if you don't use PB.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
so remember when i said i hate frosted flakes.

yeaaahhh. that's what my dinner has been for the last few weeks. I've been *trying* to not eat pastas and stuff so late at night and it just happens the really big boxes of frosted flakes have been on sale

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Capn Crunch has a cotton candy cereal out now, and it's gotten me to thinking how, IIRC, that was actually a plot device in DADDY DAY CARE . . . not Capn Crunch, obviously, but cotton candy cereal.

That being said, this stuff doesn't really taste like cotton candy . . . more or less just really sweet Capn Crunch.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... The new Honey Nut Cheerios commercial is something that would make me pass up their product. I'm talking about the stupidity of the person that proclaims they found a heart in their bowl of Cheerios. If they wanted to be more accurate/funny, they should've made it more akin to the belligerent Afrimerican grandfather from that episode of South Park.

"A heart in my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios?!
What the H! is a heart doing in my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, instead of the honey and the nuts, the two things I'd expect to find in my bowl of Honey Nuts Cheerios!
Get this heart the H! outta here!
And stop giving the D! Loch Ness Monster another tree-fihty!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
B-R-O-CC-O-L-I! (Clap-clap) I am the broccoli and don't know why!

C-A-R-R-O-and a-T! Carrots are healthy for you and me!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Begins singing the Chopping Broccoli song for some unknown reason. :zany:

There was this Snowth.
I never knew.
And since I didn't know him.
He was the Snowth, I never knew.

He went downtown.
He bought some broccoli.
He brought it home.
Aaaaaaand he started chopping broccoli.

:sing: That was some weird stuff man.
:cool: We can dig it.
:flirt: Fer sure, like, maybe.
*:halo: munches on a spam samwich. in the background.