The breakfast cereal thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You know... The new Honey Nut Cheerios commercial is something that would make me pass up their product. I'm talking about the stupidity of the person that proclaims they found a heart in their bowl of Cheerios. If they wanted to be more accurate/funny, they should've made it more akin to the belligerent Afrimerican grandfather from that episode of South Park.

"A heart in my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios?!
What the H! is a heart doing in my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, instead of the honey and the nuts, the two things I'd expect to find in my bowl of Honey Nuts Cheerios!
Get this heart the H! outta here!
And stop giving the D! Loch Ness Monster another tree-fihty!"
Maybe it was a heart shaped Cheerio, as opposed to someone's aortic valve.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There are two creaks that can last a long time without getting soggy: Grape Nuts and Cracklin' Oat Bran. Just by sheer density.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh, the one cereal I a bsolutely loathe (Grape-Nuts, you open the box, there's no grapes and no nuts, what's the deal?) and one of the cereals I love, Cracklin' Oat Bran. Yum. :insatiable:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oooh, the one cereal I a bsolutely loathe (Grape-Nuts, you open the box, there's no grapes and no nuts, what's the deal?) and one of the cereals I love, Cracklin' Oat Bran. Yum. :insatiable:
Do you know what makes Cracklin' Oat Bran so good? Coconut! 8)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, never knew that. Then again, I do like a good bit of coconut flakes for their chew-factor. And you have to get a good box of Cracklin' Oats, sometimes the oats have a slightly off or grody taste, other times as long as it stays fresh or sealed the oats are good. Haven't had any in too long a time what with the only two cereals mom buys when doing the shopping at one of the megamarts. Either that or a bowl of Toasted Oat Squares or Apple Raisin Crisp if either cereal's still made nowadays.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The marshmallow version of Oreo O's has been brought back, but at the moment, it appears to be Walmart-exclusive.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just bought a box of Honey Smacks for the first time since their recall last year, and noticed the box states they're "now made with even more honey taste." That's all well and good, but it's done absolutely nothing for the texture of the cereal: it's all chewy now, like it's packaged stale or something.

I guess I'll just permanently convert back to Golden Crisp, since it's practically the same thing, just with a problematic, depressing mascot on the box:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So I was reading through the Lucky Charms Wiki page because I like to go through the updates to their charms. And I'm a bit confused, so here are my current questions.
it supposed to be the new "yellow" charm?
2 Were the diamonds that were introduced back into the cereal the last few years ever "white"?
3 Their current list has two moon charms, the classic blue crescent moons that apparently grant Lucky the power of invisibility. But they also have a different moon charm that supposed grant the power of gravity. So how does this new moon differ from the other in shape and color?

Thanks for the answers. :search:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's hard for me to comprehend. Once upon a time in ancient history, there were four charms;
Pink hearts
Yellow moons
Orange stars
Green clovers
Then in nineteenseventysomething we got blue diamonds . Then at some point Lucky got purple horseshoes. But the idea was just eating colored marshmallows with your cereal, not to play Dungeons and Dragons. I come from simpler times.
Last year, they did come out with chocolate Lucky Charms and white marshmallows, but I don't know the mythology surrounding it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You're not that far off... For a period of time, Lucky the Leprechaun got replaced with Waldo the Wizard only in New England before Lucky took control of the whole franchise once again.

Oh, and red balloons were added at the same point as the horseshoes. Then because of the commercial where Lucky's new red balloon hot air balloon got punctured dropping him into the mercolony of Atlantis, he was able to rise back into the regular world thanks to the combined star balloons.

After that... Well, they got rid of the yellow moons and blue diamonds to bring in the blue moons. Then the tri-beam rainbows, yellow and orange coin-filled pots of gold, the crystal balls, leprechaun hats with the clovers, shooting stars, magic mirror to be replaced by the hourglass to be retired and replaced with the unicorn last year.

The reason I thought the unicorns might be mainly yellow is because that's the one color band of the rainbow that's been in most flux regarding its charm from having one to being unrepresented until the next one was decided upon. Who knows, maybe the gravity-controlling moon is a big round yellow full moon. :skeptical: