The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm gonna re-post my old question:

Hi, Jim!

I noticed that Beauregard has a tendency to show a more heroic side. In The Great Muppet Caper, Beauregard was the only one "fighting" with Nicky Holiday instead of getting wrapped up in the "baseball game". There's also an episode of The Muppet Show where he defends the rats. Have you or any of the other Muppet writers given any thought about possibly exploring this aspect of the character further?​

Also, perhaps this has been asked already, but do you have any thoughts on Muppet pairs? Such as Statler and Waldorf, Gonzo and Rizzo, Rowlf and Fozzie, etc. Muppets are always the funniest when they play off just the right character. Have you had a hand in bringing together some of the more recent duos? Do you have more fun writing for frequently paired characters? And, are there any relationships you'd like to explore further? (Muppet relationships, that is)

Looooooooooooove the Muppets website! It's a great way to use the Muppets, I think. Kudos, sir!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
You wrote for the It's Not Easy Being Green Sing-a-Long, in addision to writing for it, did you get to pick the songs for that video too?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
What's the status of the Jim Henson's Doodle Dreams book? Will we be able to pre-order it soon?

Beauregard

Reaction score
(Someone remind me if this question has already been answered.)

Jim, why are there so many songs about rainbows?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
These questions are just AWESOME. I think I'm going to PM Dwayne and ask if he'd mind if I sent out this batch of questions--since we already have so many waiting to be answered.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Hi, Jim. My name is Caitlyn, or AnimatedC9000 (or AnimatedC). If you don't mind, I want to ask you a question: How did you end up working with the Muppets and what did you do before you became a Muppet writer?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hello Jim! TogetherAgain here with a question for you. It seems to me, in my humble, humble opinion, that Rowlf and Kermit have the potential for some great interaction... which was never really easily feasible, what with both of them being performed by Jim Henson, which is part of what makes "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" so wonderful... but now that both characters have found new voices in different Muppeteers, can we expect to see them interacting some more soon?