The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know this is double posting but It is my thread and I can do what I want (with in reason) I have a question or two now If we get some more questions I'll only send one at a time to be fair.

We have talked about so many different Muppet "pairs" Kermit/Fozzie Kermit /Piggy and on and on but we have not really talked about the relationship of Kermit and Sam the Eagle. On the Muppet show and even some in Muppet Treasure Island they have a very funny relationship. However in the past few porductions we have seen less of Sam. Is it hard to find where he would fit in to things, or is he becomeing a one line Muppet?

Seeing as how it is Easter, I was wondering has Bean Bunny goten more cute for the Easter, or does he just stay the same? Speaking of Bean where has he been as well, I know he has also been pushed to a one or no line Muppet, Is that just becauise the writeing style has changed for him?

The Muppet Comics bring back a lot of the Muppets that have not had a big role in some productions. Will that help bring them out more because the fans will know who they are once again?

warnergt

Reaction score
My question wasn't about Floyd Pepper, per se; it is about the actual band used to create the music used by the Muppets. If I have to pick a specific instance, I would ask what person played bass for the Muppet Movie tunes?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My question wasn't about Floyd Pepper, per se; it is about the actual band used to create the music used by the Muppets. If I have to pick a specific instance, I would ask what person played bass for the Muppet Movie tunes?
Ahh I see what your asking, and thanks for clearing that up.
Jim is a Muppet writer, and now counsler. He started working with the Muppets adter the Muppet Movie and the Muppet Show. He stated by doing some home videos that the Muppets where getting into. For the most part Jim stays away from the music aspect of the Muppets. So even though I love your question, and would love to know the answer myself. I just don't think Jim would have a clue about who your asking about. I'm sorry, and I hope this does not discouarge you from askng more questions.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I do think that it is a good question, I've always wondered who records the Music that the EM play. Is it one specific band that is used more of the time? or do they use random bands? Who plays Rowlf's genius piano, or Animals fab (and hilarious) drums? I think it's a cool question worth asking.

Also, I'll be back with questions about Studio DC because I have it on DVD and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do think that it is a good question, I've always wondered who records the Music that the EM play. Is it one specific band that is used more of the time? or do they use random bands? Who plays Rowlf's genius piano, or Animals fab (and hilarious) drums? I think it's a cool question worth asking.

Also, I'll be back with questions about Studio DC because I have it on DVD and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Wait how did you get Studio DC almost live on DVD?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We this is not the tread to talk about the DVD, but I would like to know if it has any Bonus Featuers?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gosh yes, yes yes! Not only are the extended shows 100% better than the original ones aired, but also there's a ton of fun behind the scenes (NOT of the Muppeteers behind the scenes, but of the Muppets behind the scenes...bloopers and all that.)

Convincing John

Reaction score
The Circus Wagon Story...

I have a question for Mr. Lewis, if he wouldn't mind answering.

My question has to do with something Harry Belafonte wrote about David Lazer. It's found in the introduction of the book "Jim Henson: The Works", which most of us have.

Here is the quote:

I am forever grateful for my friendship with David Lazer. He helped my wife, Julie, and me understand the Muppet family with far greater intimacy than we may have otherwise been afforded. If this were not an introduction, I would take the time to tell you an intriguing story about an old English circus manager's wagon and its mysterious disappearance somewhere in the English countryside. Those of you who know David should one day ask him to tell you this wonderful tale.

So...what is this tale? I'd love to hear it or read it. Since chances are slim most of us will ever meet Mr. Lazer in person, can Mr. Lewis ask Mr. Lazer to post the story online?

I was toying with asking a second question...I'm still looking for the meaning to the word "Abatiwaha" from this thread, but I doubt anyone but Belafonte would know the answer to that one. If you think Mr. Lewis would have the answer, go ahead and ask him.

Thank you,

Convincing John