The Bible and Love and Christians

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tracy Morgan Apparently Would Stab His Son If He “Whined” About Being Bullied
(Excerpt Via Queerty)

You know what isn’t funny? Tracy Morgan going on a homophobic tirade about how being gay is a choice, how he’d stab his son if he whined about being bullied, how lesbians are only pretending because they really hate men, and how Obama should “man up” and stop standing up for gay kids. Sorry, where was the punch line? Apparently, it has been reported, on June 3rd at the Rhyman Auditorium, Kevin Rogers went to see the comedian and was astounded by the anti-gay hate speech. This apparently isn’t the first time, either. Instinct Magazine reports about Morgan’s performance at Carnegie Hall in 2009 where he, again, called homosexuality a choice. And yea, we called them: The Rhyman Auditorium in Nashville, TN dodged any association, of course, and said: ““The Ryman Auditorium regrets that people were offended by statements made by Tracy Morgan during his June 3 appearance. The Ryman does not control the content presented by people appearing on its stage, nor does it endorse any of the views of, or statements made by, such persons.” – Ryman Auditorium Morgan’s Publicist said “no comment.”

Tracy Morgan supports the bullying of gay kids!​

I am speechless. The only unfunny thing about "30 Rock" apparently doesn't get how many gay people watch that show. It's a good thing that Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey are such active supporters or gay rights. Morgan's equally ignorant and unfunny TV wife Sherri Shepherd has made similar horrible statements, but that's to be expected from someone who still believes the earth is flat. (Yes, she actually debated that on live TV once and wasn't kidding.) Tracy went on to disparage gay people in many other ways that can't be repeated on this forum, even if edited, due to language and content. It amazes me that this crap is still out there and thriving. Evidently the audience at his show cheered him on. This wasn't the first prejudice statement to come from this "comedian". How did I not know about this guy's total lack of humanity? Jokes are one thing, but this goes far beyond that. Anyway, this was precisely on topic so I felt like sharing.​

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow. It sounds like "Tracey" is a smidge insecure in his manhood. Pity.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually I read that people booed and walked out on Morgan, so thankfully there are some people who recognize when comedians take things too far (to say the least!)

There was also that comedian who thought it was funny to joke about shooting Sarah Palin if she were elected President. I'm sorry, I don't agree with Palin's politics either, but that joke was beyond sickening and just plain wrong. Equally wrong as the stupid things Morgan said.

There's always a certain amount of "bullying" in comedy, it's part of its nature. But when you start getting into rhetoric like "stabbing" and "shooting," it's just beyond inappropriate.

And both sides are continually guilty of taking these fueds too far. Though they'll both whine about how it's mainly the other side, heh. And then we wonder why our children don't have a problem with bullying...

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Wow, that's just wrong. It doesn't matter what you're beliefs are, bullying should not happen. Nobody deserves to be bullied becuase of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or anything. Morgan really crossed the line here. I wouldn't really mind if he just spoke out against homosexuality but when you start throwing around words like stabbing his son, that crosses the line. It seems like he's more supporting of all kinds of bullying as well as gay bullying. So, I don't support his comments at all. I do believe that homosexuality is a choice but that's my opinion.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
On a more uplifting note (though admittedly not technically about Christianity and LGBT), this article shows Christians standing up and doing the right thing when other Christians would rather knock people down just for being different.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It feels like you do care though. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken and I don't mean to harp on this but that's how it's coming across. It does feel like you're taking sides.
The only people I takes sides with are the free fun loving people who DON'T want to fight each other unless it's in Halo or Street Fighter 4 3D or something. You know how they say they should build a wall separating the Palistinians and Israelis? No They should build a wall and put war the mongering morons on one side, and the peace loving free thinkers on the other. Warlike people will eventually blow each other up, peaceful people just wanna be left alone.

That's my stance.

You know what isn’t funny? Tracy Morgan going on a homophobic tirade about how being gay is a choice, how he’d stab his son if he whined about being bullied, how lesbians are only pretending because they really hate men, and how Obama should “man up” and stop standing up for gay kids.
He's wrong of course... Obama should man up and stop supporting bi-partisanship. :wink: But I'm not going into that.

Tracy Morgan supports the bullying of gay kids!
Oh no... Tracy Morgan Tracy Morgan... you know what? So doesn't Chuck Norris and we're still making jokes about how The Boogie Man checks under his bead for Chuck Norrises and how Tigers have Chuck Norris blood. If the dude's so tough, he wouldn't mind Gay dudes. Who's gonna wind up looking like a villain in this? The guy who ISN'T completely and always associated with right wing politics. The guy who's known for making stupid, idiotic nonsensical outbursts so much that his TV character is a self parody of that.

It's a complete and utter double standard. I've said this too many times now, but how come if someone in the entertainment business says something racist, homophobic, antisemitic, sexist or in other wise stupid and backwards, their careers are destroyed, but when a politician says the same stuff, he gets either elected or a book deal? I hate the fact that Michael Richards flew off the handle and said racist crap, but that doesn't mean I'll refuse to laugh at Kramer or Stanley Spadowski ever again. Gilbert Godfried said some stupid unfunny stuff about Japanese disasters I was very disappointed to hear, but does that mean I want to burn a plush Iago in effigy?

Celebrities are celebrities, and no matter how many soap boxes they stand on, they can't really do any harm. They can wind up screwing themselves out of work, sure. But politicians CAN. No matter how many negative, nasty, and horrid things one of those guys can say, there will always be someone who feels the same way and agrees with backwards thinking. Why should Tracy's dumbness, something he's famous for (look at that terrible sitcom he had for less than a year well before 30 Rock) make him a member of the Legion of Doom and a politician that thinks the same way gets a best selling rant book?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
On a more uplifting note (though admittedly not technically about Christianity and LGBT), this article shows Christians standing up and doing the right thing when other Christians would rather knock people down just for being different.
That's really nice! You know I feel like that's just as much a female thing as a religious thing. Women always need to form these cliques and snip at each other, heh.

They should build a wall and put war the mongering morons on one side, and the peace loving free thinkers on the other. Warlike people will eventually blow each other up, peaceful people just wanna be left alone.
Can't argue with that. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why should peaceful people who want to get along with everyone (or grouchy people who mean no harm who want to be left alone, like me for example) be in the middle of the argument? Remember that episode of TMNT "Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X?" The Neutrinos don't have any interest in picking sides and fighting wars, and Krang retorts "and What's worse, they encourage people to want to have FUN!!" That's my world view. Country nothing! Split the planet up between the peaceful people and the psychos and let the psychos blow each other up. I think it's intentional... warmongers intentionally hurt and kill innocent people so they can recruit more zombies on the basis of revenge. Violence begets violence. All that crap...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why should peaceful people who want to get along with everyone (or grouchy people who mean no harm who want to be left alone, like me for example) be in the middle of the argument? Remember that episode of TMNT "Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X?" The Neutrinos don't have any interest in picking sides and fighting wars, and Krang retorts "and What's worse, they encourage people to want to have FUN!!" That's my world view. Country nothing! Split the planet up between the peaceful people and the psychos and let the psychos blow each other up. I think it's intentional... warmongers intentionally hurt and kill innocent people so they can recruit more zombies on the basis of revenge. Violence begets violence. All that crap...
I remember reading in a magazine a couple years ago about a small section of the country where the Israelis and Palestinians were managing to live together without conflict, particularly two girls who were best friends. But later in life one of the girls decided it was her duty to join the war, even though not even her own family had done so. I personally found that hard to understand. But that is an example of how over the top patriotic pride and revenge can lead to violence.

beaker

Reaction score
Sadly, it's a very very common thing to hear black male celebrities(be they actors, athletes or musicians) viciously attack gays and the gay community. I think it's more to do with the notion that gay=less than a full man; and unfortunately some aspects of black male culture(just like white, hispanic and arab male culture) revolves around being a tough guy. Many black people seem to get upset for even mentioning the civil rights struggle and the gay rights issue in the same breath...but it may ultimately come down to an issue of class. Many gay males are seen as upper class white men of privilege, so that may be a factor. Unfortunately too, statistics show gay black males are more likely to contract AIDS in the modern era.

However, athletes like Charles Barkley have spoken out against this sort of thing. And remember, Morgan's whole schtick on 30 Rock is saying and doing insanely ignorant/buffoonish things much to the chagrin of his co-workers. Sadly, like Charlie Sheen's portrayal in 2.5 Men...the real life and fictional characters seem blurred.

Still, it must be strange to explain to children how it's not polite to put down gays and "their lifestyle" yet also explain how they are sinful and that most states forbid them from marrying or adopting. It's kind of like sure, you can be on the bus...just way in the back!