The Banter Thread

Hubert

Reaction score
OK, I was thinking it was the other way around, that you loved oranges and hate orange juice.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Oooh... it's time for an orange fact!

*rips off shirt to grow an orange one*

If ripe oranges are left on the trees for too long, they may turn from orange back to green. That this process, called re-greening, only affects color, not nutritional quality or taste.

Another fact: Orange is the national color of The Netherlands, because its royal family owns the principality of Orange.

Hubert

Reaction score
About the re-greening: If the taste or nutrition is not affected by this process, I wonder why they don't sell green oranges. Just as something different. We have so many different types of all kinds of fruits, yet no one has thought to sell green oranges?

Lola p

Reaction score
*returns from fair smiling like a crazy chick*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
About the re-greening: If the taste or nutrition is not affected by this process, I wonder why they don't sell green oranges. Just as something different. We have so many different types of all kinds of fruits, yet no one has thought to sell green oranges?
Its probably just the idea that oranges are orange and a green orange would turn a lot of people away. Green=bad for some reason. Personally, I only eat bananas that are still a bit green. They are gross when they are ripe

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah. My uncle is the same way, except the opposite. He'll only likes bananas when they're super overly ripe.

Lola p

Reaction score
My fair trip was awsome, I found about 20 tickets just laying on the ground, and I got to stay longer. Anyone want a funnel cake?