The 100 Greatest Muppets! By Lisa and Prawnie!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, that's interesting Mrs. P. Because I believe Junior Gorg mastered that particular speech impediment, where all r's in words were pronounced as w's, long before Baby Bear was added to the Sesame Street cast. That, plus he's gone through attitudinal changes... Initially, he was always angry whenever partnered with Goldilocks, then mellowed out when he became friends with Telly, and now has a bit of both balancing his friendship with big brother duties towards Curly Bear.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
The Count said:
Actually, I think more of Karen performing a grownup Skeeter.
Oh yes, absolutely. Especially as there appear to be so many similarities between Skeeter and Red Fraggle.

-Kim

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I agree - Red and Skeeter are both dedicated tomboys, with a strong sense of get-up-and-go, so Karen would have been ideal to play Skeeter. And it is fun to speculate about Skeeter appearing on a Muppet show in grownup form - it'd have added another strong female presence, and it probably would have shown us some other sides of Scooter (and by extension, Richard). How would the Muppet Show's best gofer interact with his sister backstage at the theater?

Toga, Prawnie, I like your list of the 100 greatest Muppets much better than the original one - whoever wrote that list seems like he (or she) is demented. Keep up the good work, guys.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
70. Gladys the Cow (Sesame Street)

P - Gladys is my second favorite Richard character, right behind Scooter. I love her. That's all there is to it, she's just so beautifully bovine.
L - I love that cow. She's wonderful. And she's PROUD to be a cow!
P - She's just SO funny! Trying so hard to be a great singer, but not really succeeding. On the street anyway, because we love her voice everywhere else.
L - WONDERFUL voice. I love the actual puppet itself, too. If you look in pictures, cows and horses are really pretty different from the other Muppets. I'm no puppet builder, so I can't get technical and explain what the hey I'm saying, but I love it.
P - You're very right! She's got such a unique design, and I love her eyes.
L - Ooh, me too. But I'm a sucker for eyes in general. It would be shorter for me to talk about eyes that I DON'T like than eyes that I DO like.
P - I'm strangely intruiged. Which don't you like?
L - ...Ummmmm... <thinks>... Um... I'll get back to you on that.
P - I'm sure you will. Anyway, I love how Gladys sings "My butter's rich and creamy" in I'm proud to be a cow. It's my favorite line. I don't know why.
L - Really? I'd say my favorite line is, "I'm proud to have an udder, like my father- no- my mother."
P - HA! Yes, my second favorite.
L - So much to love in that song. And, in that Muppet.
P - Totally! Did you know they brought her back for "Sesame Sings Karaoke"? LONG after Richard had gone.
L - Oh, I didn't know that! Good!
P - Sha! No idea who performed her, but she sounded fantastic. She kept trying to get a turn in karaoke, but Alan kept not letting her, shame really, but it was great comic relief.
L - Oh lovely! Pity she didn't get a turn, though.
P - Yeah, but she got to play harmonica in the final number.
L - ...How?
P - It was attatched to her neck somehow... it was cool.
L - Ahhhh. Awesome!
P - Totally! She's such a multi-talented uttered one.
L - Uttered or uddered?
P - *blink* Both, I think.
L - Oh okay. Yes, I agree.
P - Moving on?
L - You bet!
P - No, that's Sal.
L - Oh, whate- <ahem> Yes. Moving on.

69. Waldo C. Graphic (The Jim Henson Hour and Muppet*Vision 3D)

P - I've only seen him at Muppet*Vision, and BOY is there something to see!
L - DUDE! Waldo was SO a part of the cutting-edge technology that Jim so adored and was FASCINATED with and just LOVED!
P - YES! Exactly! I loved that about Jim. You do know he's performed by Steve, don't'cha?
L - ...Ah, well- I do now. How AWESOME!
P - I know! And he turns into Mickey Mouse at the end of Muppet*Vision! "They'll never recognize me now!"
L - I've really gotta see that some day. Actually, I should see Jim Henson Hour, too. I've never seen Waldo. But he is AWESOME!
P - Yes, yes he is! And another cool thing, he befriends Bean in Muppet*Vision, and they're both played by Steve. Love inter-performer character relationships.
L - Oh me too! Like Kermit and Rowlf, both of whom we'll get to... eventually. But yeah, you've just GOTTA love it.
P - That's a very long eventually... *ahem* But yeah, Waldo was definitely my favorite part of Muppet*Vision. ...Okay, right behind Gonzo asking Bean if he'd bring him back a sandwich when he said he was running away forever.
L - HAHAHA! Oh, I've GOTTA see that someday.
P - Yes, yes you do.

68. Marvin Suggs (The Muppet Show)

L - Ow.
P - Were you just doing "Lady of Spain"?
L - Naturally. Good song.
P - Performed by SUCH a fantastic character.
L - And his victims. ...Er... instruments?
P - Yes, of course! My all-time favorite Marvin scene is in either the Star Wars episode or the Raquel Welch episode where Kermit interviews him.
L - "Does it hurt?" "Is Marvin still here?"
P - That's it! "What do you do with the Muppaphones after they've gone flat?" "I don't'a think you want to know."
L - They go flat, like little pancakes! OH it is so wonderful. Poor Muppaphones. But you know what I love?
P - Hm?
L - Marvin really, truly believes that what he does is a WONDERFUL music form... and that it's humane.
P - HAHA! YES! Didn't Frank say something about Marvin in "The Works"?
L - Um... Maybe? I could check...
P - *shrug* If you want to. It's on the page where they talk about Jim and Frank's characters, I think.
L - Okay. Hang on, I'll check...
P - Meanwhile, folks, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank some of our sponsors. Thundercloud Studios, of course, Gags Beasly's Joke Factory over on West Main Street, um, let's see... oh, Muppet Labs, the Fix-It Shop, Hooper's Store, Crazy Moe's Discount Banana Cream Pies, Uncle Larry's Boomerang Fish Depot... am I forgetting anyone?
L - Huh? Um- sorry, I was uh... distracted... MAN there are some good pictures in this book. Um- Did you say Wilson's Pet Shop?
P - Oh, I knew I forgot someone. Wilson's Pet Shop. Oh, and Juhl's Pizza Parlor.
L - Oh, and that. Why was I looking through The Works again? I got distracted by all the awesome pictures...
P - ...To see if Frank said anything about Marvin! Sheesh, I guess I have to tell everyone to go out and buy "Jim Henson: The Works" next time you get a chance...
L - Oh yeah! I found that a while ago. Or- well, okay, so I found the page with all the Jim and Frank characters. Here's what it's got on Marvin: "One of Frank's more unusual creations must have been Marvin Suggs, whose forte was banging on the heads of the hapless Muppephones- small, well-trained balls of fur- who would then dutifully yelp out the melodies to such tunes as 'Lady of Spain.' "
P - And there aren't any quotes from Frank?
L - Nope. Well, maybe elsewhere in the book, but if I start looking for that, I'll NEVER stop getting distracted...
P - WAIT! I know where it is! It's in the little booklet that comes with "The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, and More" CD!
L - Oh, well, no wonder I don't have it.
P - While I go check for that, you continue that sponsor list.
L - Oh, of course. Sponsors. Um, there's Salmon Friends, The Daily Chronicle, Pete's... I love Pete. Um... Rat Tours, Ltd, of course...
P - Very nice, anyway, I found it. It says... "'I don't recall where Marvin Suggs came from...probably from one of the writers' meetings,' says Frank Oz, who performed the character. 'But the accent came from my French friend Phillippe Genty--I just exaggerated it and made it really annoying. I've always felt Marvin lived in a scuzzy trailer park with his put-upon wife, and he kept the Muppaphones in a cage and would beat them regularaly.'" So there you have it!
L - HA! Oh that is awesome. I wonder what Mrs. Suggs is like...
P - ...Wait a second, you don't have this CD?
L - Nope.
P - Well now I guess I have a reason to go to Best Buy tomorrow.
L - As if you DIDN'T? The Muppet Show Season Two comes out tomorrow! Best Buy will most likely have it! Seeing as that's where I got Season One the day it came out... <Ahem> Anyway- thank you. Should we stop plugging and move on?
P - Probably, yes. But first, let me say that MY Best Buy did NOT have Season 1 on August 9th 2005. I had to get it at Wal-Mart. So I wasn't planning on going to Best Buy until just a few minutes ago.
L - Oh, fair enough. They probably don't have the felt cover, anyway.

67. Rosita (Sesame Street)

P - I LOVE ROSITA! She's probably my favorite new-age Sesame character, after Telly, that is.
L - Ah, Rosita. All the Spanish I ever retained, I learned from her.
P - HAHA! Me too, mostly, actually, and I've taken two years of it in school.
L - I've taken a total of four weeks of it in school, spread out over three years, starting out with a substitute, and then a sub for the sub, and then the real teacher, and they all had INSANELY different teaching styles, and then I was learning it in the same room where I was studying Hebrew later in the day, so... Yeah. Thanks Rosita!
P - *blink* Anyway, I loved her wings, it was very strange that they took them away, especially after they did an entire episode where she tried to find uses for them.
L - Ooh, really? Never heard about that episode.
P - I haven't seen it, personally, but the guide on my satellite advertises it a lot. Anyway, she's certainly a popular street resident, there have been two episodes where she has two different best friends, Herry and Prairie Dawn. Two good choices if you ask me.
L - Oh, EXCELLENT choices! And we'll get to both of them! ...One sooner than the other.
P - Indeed! But anyway, I love that she plays guitar, too. She sang a song called "I Say 'Hola'" in "Sesame Sings Karaoke", she's awesome, there's not one part of her I don't love.
L - Absolutely. She's a very nice shade of blue, too.
P - Turquoise, really.
L - Call it what you like. It's a pretty color.
P - Yup! And she's got a pretty voice too.
L - Oh yes!
P - Anymore we can say about her?
L - ...Nice eyes?
P - And hair, it's different colors.
L - Ooh, yes, that too.
P - One more thing, she was absolutely AWESOME in the Sesame cookbook, the only thing that bugged me is they kept reitteratitng the fact that she was from Mexico.
L - Maybe it's to avoid the general anti-Mexican-immigrant thing that tends to pop up around here. Mexicans can be PROUD, because they've got a character on Sesame Street! And she's awesome.
P - But they've had Luis and Maria for who knows how long.
L - Yeah, but now they've got a Muppet, too.
P - Why can't we Americans ha- ...Never mind.
L - Yeah! Why can't we Americans have such awesome turquoise fur?
P - Because we... don't eat enough tortillas? OH! That reminds me! She dressed as a tortilla in Prairie Dawn's healthy food pageant last season.
L - Ooh, cool! ...I love how you mention healthy food as I sit here munching away at a bowl of popcorn... Kids, watch Sesame, not me!
P - Hehehe! Can we move on now?
L - Yes, yes we can.

66. Herry Monster (Sesame Street)

L - Remember how I said we'd get to one of those excellent choices sooner than the other?
P - Yes, yes I do. And Herry certainly is an excellent choice. I love him so much, he's such a big, strong fella, but he's so huggable. My favorite Herry scene is him counting to 20 with John John.
L - I just love Herry. He's fuzzy and blue, and he's got a furry blue Mommy.
P - And a teddy bear/monster thing, my farthest memory of Herry goes back to when I had a Sesame video as a kid that was three Sesame stories, but they were like you were reading a book, that's what the pictures were and their mouths didn't move, anyway, one of the storied focussed on poor Herry losing his dolly... HERCULES! I think that's his doll's name!
L - Oh, how apt! And man, is it just my imagination, or did you have a LOT of Sesame videos as a kid? All we ever had was Follow That Bird... Which is a wonderful movie, but still...
P - Yes, yes I did have a lot of Sesame videos as a kid... but sadly most were given away to my cousin, who I think has given them away to... someone or something.
L - Probably to something. That's a pity. Anyway, Herry! SO awesome. I love how he's SO strong. Do they ever emphasize the physical strength of any other Sesame Street monster?
P - Ummm... I don't think so, no. Maybe Grover's lack of such...
L - Yeah, that's about all that I can think of. But Herry, oh... I seem to recall hearing a song on Muppet Central Radio- look, here we are plugging again- I seem to recall hearing Bob sing that Herry had torn three cars in half.
P - HAHA! Oh that's hillarious! When the Sesame Muppets sang "12 Days of Christmas" Herry wished for 11 broken buildings.
L - HAAA! Oh, gosh. You've just GOT to love Herry.
P - Did you know he wears pants?
L - ...I did not. Sheesh, I'm getting so enlightened in this project. We should do this more often.
P - Indeed, I'm sure our fans would appreciate that. But I'm busy tomorrow.
L - Yeah, so am I, like you wouldn't believe. But you know, I am SO glad that came up. I was trying to think, for one of my stories, if there were ANY Muppets who wore pants without a shirt...
P - Herry does, but I don't think the puppet has ever been seen with them... but he wears them all the time in books.
L - Mmmm. Well, still! It's very good to know.
P - Sha!

65. Doozers (Fraggle Rock)

L - Work your cares away! <clap clap> Dancing's for another day, oh let the Fraggles play! <clap clap> Down at Fraggle Rock! ...Sorry, I had to.
P - S'okay, we all have our obsessed Muppet fan reflexes. I, for instance, cannot hear the name "Marjory" without saying "Nyeeeeeeah!"
L - <giggles!> I can't see a set of stairs without trying to find the step that's exactly halfway down. But anyway, about the Doozers.
P - Hehe, yes, they're great, always building! Always losing their buildings! Then always building again!
L - And they're so CUTE. Such cute little green guys. I'm a sucker for cute little green guys. I must say, I admire their persistance in building. I'm far too lazy to do what they do.
P - Ditto, way too lazy.
L - Jocelyn Stevenson has this wonderful story about how the Doozers got their name. See, they couldn't think of a name for a while, so she and Jim went for a walk on Hampstead Heath and reached a bench that Jim had dedicated to Don Sahlin. They both sat down, and then simultaneously said out loud, "Doozers!" So Jim looked up and thanked Don, and they went back to work.
P - I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!
L - ME TOO!
P - I love the way they're opperated, I always though that was the coolest thing.
L - Oh me too! I love that it takes two people for such a teeny-tiny little Muppet.
P - That's just so cool... I love the thing where Faz Fazakas shows off how the Doozers work.
L - Anything that shows off how the Doozers work! ...Well, anything that has Muppets showing off in any way, really, especially in the case of function... But yes, DOOZERS. Awesomeness.
P - *saheks head* I also love the part in the Down at Fraggle Rock special on the Season 1 set where Jim did a Doozer, that was amazing.
L - I gotta watch that again some time...
P - Me too, especially since I have that one thing I need to be doing...
L - <giggles> Yes, yes you do.
P - But more on that later...
L - Yes...
L - Oh! We didn't mention Cotterpin!
P - She isn't on the list later?
L - I... don't know? I'll check.
P - She isn't! Huh...
L - <Giggles> You check so much faster than I do. Anyway, Cotterpin Doozer. Worth the mention.
P - Definitely worth the mention! I really like her.
L - Me too. I love that one song she sings... The one that's in "Bein' Green and other things to consider."
P - Oh, uh... dang, what's it called... *thinks* THE WAY I'VE GOT TO GO!
L - YES! That. I love that song.
P - Have I sent it to you?
L - Nope.
P - Remind me to.
L - Will do!
P - Next?
L - Next!

64. Don Music (Sesame Street)
L - My kind of head banging.
P - HAHAHA! The original head banger!
L - Oh, absolutely! He's hilarious, and you've just gotta feel bad for him, you know?
P - Hehe, and love him at the same time. Have you heard/seen the time when he tried to rewrite the SS theme with Kermit's help?
L - Nope! All I've ever heard or seen of him is from MCR when Mary had a little bicycle. It was painted red as fire! And whenever she wanted to go take a ride, the bicycle had a flat tire.
P - Hahaha! I love that... I think he's my favorite of Richard's voices.
L - He is awesome. And you know, this is one of those places where the other list had something right- Don is the embodiment of creative frustration. It's like he's living with permanent writer's block, the poor guy. I'd smack my head all the time if I had that, too!
P - You do have that most of the time.
L - No, I have the opposite of writer's block most of the time. I just have too much coming at me to write and post it all. So really, I hit my head anyway, but...
P - ...Yeah. Anyway, Don is just hillarious and loveable
L - Very much so. And I like his hair.
P - And his glasses!
L - Yeah! But especially the hair.
P - No, the glasses!
L - Oh, the glasses are cool too. But the hair...
P - Man, those glasses rock.
L - Prawnie, have you ever had to wear glasses?
P - Nope, I've got 20/20.
L - Ah. See, I had to wear glasses from third grade to seventh grade, and now I have contacts. Glasses are okay, but there's nothing glorious about them. Hence- the hair.
P - Alright, fine.
L - Quite.
P - Shall we move on? I really, really like the next character.
L - Oh, sure!

63. Philo and Gunge (Fraggle Rock)

P - Did I say character? I meant characters.
L - You did mean characters. Neeeeeeeeeeeeyah!
P - They are just so cool, I love them so much, they're hillarious. I love when they're playing cards.
L - I love when they're doing ANYTHING. Just their presence alone is awesome. ...Well, I mean, not alone, obviously, because if they're both there, then they're not alone, they're with each other, but... Yeah.
P - Hehe, yes, I understand. I love when they sing, and Gunge plays the harmonica. QUIZ! Who performs Philo, and who performs Gunge?
L - <Groans>...
P - MWoO ha ha ha!
L - You are SUCH a cruel half...
P - I try.
L - Dave Goelz is Philo and Richard Hunt is Gunge.
P - And did you thank the Muppet Wiki for that research?
L - Dang it, caught! Yes, I thanked Muppet Wiki...
P - Good girl.
L - Woof.
P - Anyway, I love how much compasion P&G have for Marjory, it's incrdibley heart warming.
L - Oh, indeed! They really care so much for her.
P - They're just so funny, too!
L - They ARE! And I love their accents.
P - New Yorkers all the way.
L - Just awesome.
P - Ready for the next?
L - Yup!

62. Croaker the Frog (Kermit's Swamp Years)

L - CROAKER!
P - I don't care what anyone says about KSY, there is nothing not to love about Croaker. He is downright HILLARIOUS, and Bill does an amazing job with him.
L - ABSOLUTELY. I've gotta watch that movie again. I LOVE Croaker. And I love when Kermit gives him that heartfelt little pep talk behind Wilson's! It is SOOOOOOOO sweet! Ooh, and then when they're IN the pet shop, and Kermit's talking, and Croaker just sorta falls asleep. And he is SO cute and funny and yet SO understanding about the star talking to Kermit! SO COOL!
P - YES! Oh I love it, Croaker is just... I'm laughing just thinking about him. I loved the scene in the lockers with Kermit and Pilgrim.
L - Oh me too! And you know what I love even more than the scene? I love the bloopers of the scene! Oh, gosh, I have GOT to watch it again. YOU HEAR THAT, NAY-SAYERS? I LIKE KERMIT'S SWAMP YEARS AND I'M GONNA WATCH IT AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT, SO THERE! <Ahem> Anyway.
P - *blink* Rock on! Yeah, anyway... he's just hillarious, definitely one of my favorite Bill characters. And on my list of characters I'd like to see again? He's way up there.
L - Absolutely. I'd love to see him as an adult. But he's AWESOME. I love the part when he's tired. Ooh, and when they're talking to Pilgrim about "dangerous..."
P - Hehehe! Yes! And adult Croaker would be SO cool.
L - Absolutely! I'm trying to come up with a good comparison of him to other Muppets... I'm coming up with a strange blend of Rowlf and Gonzo, in frog form.
P - Hmm... yeah, I see that! And Johnny, a tad.
L - Yeah, mayhaps a tad of Johnny. A tad. A tadpole? A frog! Oy vey. Don't mind me, I'm just getting hyper over here.
P - Hehehe, shall we just move on?
L - Do we have to? I love Croaker. Ohh, but there's more Muppets I love more later... <Sigh> Oh alright, I guess...
P - Okay, one more thing, I love his relationship with Goggles, he doesn't really like him, but he really does, it's great.
L - It IS! Oh, his relationship with EVERY frog! ...Um, and toad. He's awesome! He's kinda cocky, he's got this confident swagger about him, but he's really humble when you get to the heart of him. And adventurous, which kind of goes with the confidence, but he- OY, he is just awesome. Works great with Kermit, too, I gotta tell ya.
P - Hehehe, yes, very much so, now shall we move on?
L - I guess...

61. The Country Trio (The Muppet Show)

P - Does this cheer you up?
L - YES! You talk, I'll sing. I started on a journey just about a year ago...
P - Sing that tomorrow, please, we've got a review to do.
L - I am singing To Morrow!
P - No, you're singing today!
L - Tonight, technically. I'm singing To Morrow tonight.
P - ...What?
L - Don't worry about it. The point is, THE COUNTRY TRIO! MUPPETS! BASED ON MUPPETEERS! MAKES LISA GO SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!
P - As you can tell, she's very easily squeed.
L - Only if you know what buttons to push.
P - *pops knuckles* *ahem*
L - <squints> About the Country Trio, then...
P - Yes, I love them, Jim is my favorite.
L - I love Jim. I love Jerry, too, love his voice...
P - Oh. My. Gosh. Don't even get me started... it's like... I can't even describe it, the first word that came to mind was clouds.
L - ...Clouds?
P - Yes, and the second and third words were mashed potatoes. Not necessarily in that order.
L - <blink> Oooooookay. Anyway, the Country Trio!
P - Frank is hillarious.
L - Yes, insanely. And I LOVE their songs...
P - Sha! I'm gonna go find the other one besides To Morrow...
L - I do believe it's "You Don't Want My Love." I'm not sure that's what it's called, but...
P - Oh yeah! That's it!
L - <curtsy> "You don't seem to care a thing about me! You'd rather live without me when the nights are cold and you're so all alone..."
P - Can I post this so I can go find the song?
L - I don't know, can you?
P - *frowns* May I PLEASE?
L - Yes you may. Sorry, but we were just discussing grammar at my grandmother's apartment last night...
P - Sheesh... Goodnight folks! All of you go out and buy your copy of The Muppet Show Season 2 tomorrow like good Muppet fans! ...Unless you pre-ordered from Amazon, then have fun waiting.
L - Yes!
P - Prawn out!

Java

Reaction score
I don't know what the world will do if you two are ever set forth together outside of Muppet Central.

I look forward to more of this list.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I fear and tremble at the thought, Java.

The two of you have such a natural chemestry that it works brilliently in a talk-host, radio-chat, guide-type, narritive, thingie, whatever...*ahem* Anyway, your choices were great here.

And did I mention that I have a Rosita doll?

Gloat

Reaction score
its goin well, im liking the list so far so ill keep watching for updates :wink:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Hello there! Here's the begining of the actual countdown part of the countdown, as opposed to the 'honorable mentions' part of the countdown. Now we're actually counting down. Here we go, starting with 100!

91. Mahna Mahna and the Snowths (The Muppet Show)

L - Do doo do do do.
P - Mahna Mah- *ahem* Anyway... possibly the greatest act to ever come from The Muppet Show. I mean, could you imagine Jim's thought process on this? "I'm gonna take some completely random, obscure, German song and turn it into an entertainment icon."
Love the blind Pew part. He is one of the funniest guys in MTI :smile:

And I'm pretty sure that "Mahna Mahna" was made from a Swedish song.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Do allow me to clarify before I post this that we actually did all of this last night, but at the time I was far too exhausted to post... And then I couldn't sleep because I was too nervous/excited about moving into my dorm today... But now I'm sitting here on my bed in my dorm and unpacked and doing well, so I might as well post this while I watch my roommate try to figure out where to put her endless piles of stuff... So I do apologize for the time delay, but it was either this, or get it without the colors or the bold and get less than half of it, and I figured this was the better option. Just keep in mind that this was all done last night.

60. Guy Smiley (Sesame Street)

P - I LOVE HOW HE ALWAYS TALKS REALLY LOUD!
L - I love his over-exaggeratedness.
P - Don't we all? My favorite of his sketches was the "This is Your Life" sketch with the oak tree. Or any and all "Beat the Time" sketches.
L - Oh most certainly. He's a very enthusiastic guy, you know?
P - Oh, I KNOW! He's just so IN YOUR FACE! And very, very happy to be doing whatever it is he's doing! Even taking his audience out to lunch!
L - ABSOLUTELY! He's a PERFECT game show host. We gotta get him on some actual game shows, you know? I mean, couldn't you just picture him on, um...
P - Oh that would be SO funny! Could you imagine him hosting, like, Millionare or something? "Is that your final answer? Are you sure? Possitive? Okay? Do it? Let's go! Whoo!"
L - <Giggles!> Yes, exactly! Of course, I'd like to see a Sesame takeoff on a lot of gameshows. Imagine Millionare with Guy Smilie hosting, Cookie Monster one of the contestants...
P - HAHA! "How many cookies can me buy with that money?" "Well I'd say at least a million!" "*gasp* One MILLION cookies? Oh, final answer, definitely."
L - Yeah! Or, um, let's say... Guy Smiley hosting... Family Feud, or something...
P - HAHAHA! "Lauren, please put on your sparring helmet, and let's get ready to FEUD!"
L - Or Guy Smiley hosting... Wheel of Fortune!
P - They already did a parody of it called "Squeal of Fortune." Nice try though, you'll be going home with a lovely consolation prize.
L - I really gotta get around to actually watching the show. What's the consolation prize?
P - "A whole lot of cookies!"
L - COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!
P - You should see what she does if I say "peanut butter."
L - PEANUT BUTTER? WHERE? WHERE? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE PEANUT BUTTER! PEANUT BUTTERRRRRRRRRRRRR!
P - Or, for instance, popcorn.
L - POPCORN! POP-acorn! POP CORN! YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM! They said it's the best way to meet people in college. POPCORN! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
P - *headtilt* Shall we go on?
L - Is there popcorn?
P - *checks* I don't know.
L - LET'S FIND OUT!
P - *rolls eyes*

59. Lips (The Muppet Show)

P - The ever-silent, never-present, missing link of the Electric Mayhem!
L - Performed by Steve, naturally. An awesome guy, really, in that sometimes his left hand is "live" and sometimes it's an arm-rod. Awesome in other ways, too, but that stands out in my head.
P - Is his hand "live", really? I always thought it might be a robo-hand.
L - Well, I think it must be live, because if it was a robo-hand he could hold the trumpet the right way.
P - Oh. ...You mean he holds it the wrong way?
L - He plays it with his left hand. Even left-handed trumpet players play with the right hand. To play it with the left hand, he has to hold it weird.
P - *blink* Oh. That's nice.
L - Kinda. Annoys the trumpet players of the world, I guess, but I kinda like it. Cute random Muppet quirk, you know?
P - Well, now I know, yes.
L - YAY, for once I taught YOU something about Muppets! This is a rare thing, folks. Let me pause to savor the moment... ...Okay that's enough. Now, about Lips and his awesomeness...
P - I have an action figure of him!
L - ...This, ladies and gentlemen, readers of all ages, is part of why I savored that moment back there. Prawnie has more Muppet merchandise than he can breathe in the same room with.
P - Which is why I own a few oxygen tanks.
L - Oh?
P - Yes, they're all decorated with Muppet wallpaper.
L - ...<Sigh.> So, Lips is a very quiet character...
P - Yes, the only time I've ever heard him speak is at the end of GMC.
L - Weren't you paying attention when he spoke in the MIDDLE of Great Muppet Caper?
P - *blink* I guess not.
L - For shame! He answered when Janice said, "Like, wow! Wait'll I tell the guys in the band!"
P - He did? I thought that was Dr. Teeth.
L - I think Dr. Teeth spoke up after the Swedish Chef told them the news.
P - ...Now I have to watch it again. What a shame.
L - Likewise. What a pity.
P - Anyway, I love the part in MFC where Doc hits him with the door.
L - ...I can't say I remember that part. And I CAN'T just watch that one again, because I don't have a copy of it. You'll have to come visit so that I can see it again.
P - Oh, okay, if I HAVE to come visit.
L - You HAVE to. And we have to get back to Lips, and why it's a pity that he seems to have faded out of the Electric Mayhem.
P - Indeed, but Steve has commented on not liking his voice, just the fact that he played the trumpet.
L - You could always make the argument that if he came back now, not many people would know how Lips was SUPPOSED to sound... But the trouble with that argument is that WE would know.
P - Indeed, and there would be many, many disgruntled fans.
L - Oh, quite. And then you could also make the argument of something along the lines of wanting the "main" Electric Mayhem members back to their full quality before worrying about getting Lips back. But the fact remains that Lips is very awesome.
P - Yes.
L - Moving on?
P - Wait.
L - Waiting.
P - Wax lips.
L - Zoot lost those, not Lips.
P - I don't got no other pants, man!
L - That was Zoot. We're on Lips.
P - He's just upset about missing the Monet exhibit at the National Gallery!
L - Prawnie, we'll get to the rest of the Mayhem LATER...
P - I'm uh... I'm... uh...

58. Baby Sinclair (Dinosaurs)

P - Gotta love 'im!
L - Big purple eyes, he's very cuddly! 'Specially when he hits his daddy with a frying pan! <whacks Prawnie over the head with a frying pan- lightly, of course>
P - You call that lightly? !
L - Did you want to see the opposite thereof for comparison?
P - ...Not the mamma?
L - I should HOPE I'm not a mama! Although last night I was at a family party thing and I somehow ended up holding my three-year-old twin cousins' baby dolls, both of which had eyes remarkably similar to mine, so that led to some awkward comments from the family...
P - *blink* I'm refraining from comment. Anyway, I love Baby, he's by-far my favorite. He's hillaaaarious.
L - He is. And I have to confess something, I have to get it off of my chest... I've been holding something of a grudge against the little guy.
P - ...You have? Wait, did he steal your gold-plated frying pan?
L - Well, no, not exactly.
P - Well then please, enlighten us.
L - Well you know how often, after doing something agitating and ignoring, he says, as the song suggests, "I'm the baby! Gotta love me!"
P - Oh, how could I forget.
L - My sister forbid me from using that cute little tactic, even though I AM the baby of the family.
P - Awww! Cute.
L - Cute? CUTE? Dude! It was a loss of a privilege before I could even use it! It made Dinosaurs as a whole leave a bad taste in my mouth! I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT SINCE!
P - *blink* How very sad... you poor deprived soul! MEDIC!
L - No no no, that's Rizzo's line. He comes later.
P - Much later.
L - Shall we take another step towards later, then?
P - But... we've barely talked about poor Baby...
L - Well then, start talking! I hardly remember the poor kid.
P - He's pink! He's round! He has a really cool tail! And he hates his entire family, except the mamma of course! I LOVE him! And Kevin performed him! Making him one of the very few performers on the show to do both the voice, and the puppeteering for his character! He's just an all-around hillarious little bundle of scales.
L - And he offered me a privilege that was promptly torn away. I guess I should really blame my sister more than Baby Sinclair, but I kinda have to live with my sister, so... Sorry Baby!
P - Poor Baby...

57. Sprocket (Fraggle Rock)

P- Sprocket, old boy, what are you barking at? Whadaya see?
L - I LOVE Sprocket. SOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome. One Muppet plus two Muppeteers equals comedic gold.
P - Hehehe! Yes! Much the same thing can be seen with the Swedish Chef. Hillarious stuff. I also LOVE Sprocket's relationship with Doc, it's just so sincere and golden.
L - And abusive. I love when Sprocket thinks so much more clearly than Doc, like when Doc tries to give the-neighbor-with-the-impossible-to-spell-name the cold shoulder, and Sprocket is SO painfully aware that it's the worst thing to do, or when Doc goes on his "revolutionary diet"...
P - HAHA! Yes! Sprocket is really a lot smarter than Doc, but he'll never show it.
L - Not to Doc, anyway. I love his pursuit of the Fraggles, too. It's sort of like a foil to Junior's in that I think Sprocket is really just curious about the Fraggles. You know, like, "What the heck ARE these furry little creatures?"
P - "And why do they keep taking our trash?"
L - "And why do they run and scream when they see us, and what could POSSIBLY be past that wall for them to live in?"
P - "And who's their tailor? I LOVE that outfit!"
L - ...You really just can't wait for the rest of the list, can you? Are you worried that we'll never finish it once I start college?
P - ...Yes.
L - Aw, don't worry, Prawnie. You know I'll always have time for you!
P - Oh how nice of you! Umm... *ahem* Sprocket's really funny. I like his doggy bed.
L - Oh me too! I LOVE it! And I love how excited he gets for things like computer games and his bath... And how he DREADS being the subject of any of Doc's inventive ideas. He must've watched The Muppet Show at some point and learned from Beaker that when the scientist gets an idea, you RUN!
P - Haha! I never noticed that, but I see it now. Hehe, I can't wait for Fraggle Season 4 to come on DVD so I can finally see the last episode where Gobo meets Doc and Sprocket...
L - I REALLY hope I actually have money then and can buy it... But anyway... Yes, I look forward to it!
P - *shakes head* Ye who dost not even have Fraggle season 2... What would Karen Prell think if she knew that? Hmm?
L - Do you KNOW how many times I've checked the Best Buy here? And besides, I don't even have a job right now and I'm leaving for college tomorrow! I'm feeling very poor right now. Give me a break.
P - How 'bout some cash instead?
L - Cash would be WONDERFUL! How much can you give me?
P - ...I've got eight bucks.
L - ...Keep your cash, Prawnie. Put it in the bank and don't touch it so it can gain interest. Lots and lots of interest...
P - *nods* Yes dear.
L - Have we more to say for Sprocket? He works a lot with pantomime, that dog. Very expressive. Excellent communicator.
P - I love that, maybe my favorite part of him. That, or his relationship with Fluffenella.
L - <Giggles!> Oyy, that IS wonderful. Seriously, though, I wish Sprocket could give my dog some lessons... Have we gotten into his performers yet?
P - Steve and Karen. Awesome people.
L - INSANELY awesome. And... awesomely insane.
P - Terribly so. Did you see pics of Karen's outfit at MuppetFest?
L - I... don't believe so?
P - She had a Red hat. I'll have to find a picture. Shall we move on?
L - I don't see why not.
P - Hokay then.

56. Uncle Deadly (The Muppet Show)

P - One of my all-time favorite Muppet EVER. He's very near and dear to my heart. Just not too near and dear, I'm afraid of what he'd do to it.
L - What fools these Muppet Fans be... <ahem> Anyway, yes, he is VERY cool. I think it's a pity we never saw more of him, though I do simply adore that he had a few acts on The Muppet Show.
P - Me too! His "Sheik of Araby" is one of the highlights of season 2, I think. I really, really love the Twiggy episode he was introduced in. Probably my second favorite of Season 1.
L - ...Freaky. I was JUST singing "Sheik of Araby" in my head. And yeah, I LOVE his introduction episode! But I feel obligated to ask- if that's your second favorite, what's your first?
P - Ethel Merman.
L - Oh, EXCELLENT choice.
P - Thank you.
L - Mm-hm. Another lovely point about Deadly is that he was performed by Jerry Nelson.
P - And he has the BEST voice ever. Not just Jerry, but Uncle Deadly. I LOVE his melodrama-esque voice, it's just so... tingly. I love it.
L - OH me TOO! It's WONDERFUL.
P - Also, he's my only roommate in the MC Dorms that I've had for my entire stay there. I love him.
L - And for anyone who isn't involved enough in dorms to know, or hasn't been there long enough to know, that is one heck of a record. Especially in the beginning, Prawnie here was going through roomies like there was no tomorrow, but not once has he had the heart to part with Uncle Deadly, or to even think of it. There IS a reason for that.
P - *frowns* I was not going through roomies like there was no tomorrow...
L - Matter of opinion, dear.
P - No it's not! It's either a fact or not, and that is not a fact.
L - You were changing roommates far more often than I have ever seen anyone else do so.
P - I was not! I started with Lew, Deadly, Mahna Mahna, and a Penguin. Then I got Cantus. Then I got Clifford. Then Gonzo. Then Camilla. Then Rizzo. ...Don't say anything...
L - I notice you don't mention when you got rid of any of those... But anyway, you WERE changing around a lot. You've mostly settled now, I think. Anyway, whatever we say now, I'm sure Ed will have comment and memory for after we post, so- shall we move on?
P - I think we shall. Love ya Uncle D.!

55. The Rats (The Muppet Show and the Muppet movies)

L - I LOVE the rats. I can do their voices!
P - And one of them has the best line in the entire movie of Muppet Treasure Island - "and margaritas at the midnight buffet!"
L - ...<Shrug> Not sure I'd agree that it's the best, but it IS an awesome line. Anyway, since we covered the Muppet Treasure Island Tourist rats, let's look at some of the other rats, like the ones that work at Pete's.
P - Hehehe, I LOVE Yolanda.
L - I like the one that's always sneezing. His name is escaping me at the moment, but he's awesome.
P - Umm... Chester?
L - I think so. I want to say that Chester was the butler looking one, but that was Masterson, so... I think Chester, yeah.
P - Hehehe. Look at me and my smarty-ness.
L - All right, Mr. Smarty-ness, tell me again, WHICH one of us was in at least one honors class every single year of high school?
P - Hey! I'm taking five this year! I took... *counts* Three last year! And three freshmen year! So ha!
L - Ever taken an AP class?
P - One this year.
L - Let me know how you do on the test. And let me know if you get into the Honors Program in college. And let me know if you get a letter from Princeton inviting you to apply. And I mean Princeton the ivy-league school, not the member of Muppet Central.
P - *falls over* Can we go on?
L - Can we? Most likely, especially if you get up. May we?
P - *glares* I'm going to sleep.
L - Hi going to sleep, I'm leaving for college in the morning, nice to meet you... <HUGS> I didn't mean to be so rough there. I just get insecure about my Muppet ignorance sometimes.
P - Don't we all? So... moving on, yes?
L - Yes!

54. The Chickens (The Muppet Show and the Muppet movies)

P - BRAWK BAWK BRAWK!
L - Buck buck buck buck buck buck buck BRAWK bawk BRAWK...
P - Bragawk! Byuck bawk brawk!
L - Baaaaaaaaaaawk! Buck buck buck BRAGAWK!
P - Byuck buck buck buck bawk!
L - Brawk bugawk, brugawk gawk, if you know what I brawk.
P - Oh, I totally brawk.
L - Totally.

53. Bobo the Bear (Muppets Tonight!)

P - Jalepenos! Jalepenos! Gettin' my friend some jalepenos! MAN I wish that song was on the soundtrack.
L - Oh me too! And you know what I like about Bobo? He's inspired by Richard Nixon. <wink>
P - Hehehe! Oh, he was just kidding! But he's just soooo funny, and soooo sweet! He wants to please everybody!
L - He DOES! Oh, and I LOVE in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie when he calls everyone out of the theater for the carollers... It's really pretty Muppety. "We just avoided massive catastrophe and defeated the evil villain... let's go sing!"
P - Hehehe! Oh I wish he was in VMC more than he was. He was in a deleted scene as Santa or something... hence the suit at the end.
L - Yeah, and what a glorious deleted scene that was... He's a cool guy. And I know you have a favorite line of his from Muppets Tonight... something he said to Cindy Crawford?...
P - HAHAHA! Oh THANK you for reminding me... *ahem* "Those are some nice balloons, maybe later you'll let me play with them."
L - <headslap> <shakes head> That and the jalepenos song... I think it pretty much sums him up.
P - Yup, tha'ts Bobo for you.
L - Yup.

52. Bean Bunny (The Jim Henson Hour)

P - To quote The Great Gonzo, "He's so cute, he's EVIL!"
L - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I looked up "cute" in the dictionary and saw a picture of Bean Bunny.
P - You lie.
L - Only a little.
P - Mmhmm.
L - <edits dictionary>
P - Put it in the PTD. Anyway, my favorite Bean moment is when Sal drop-kicked him in Muppets Tonight! because he was trying to sell Johnny chocolate so his school could buy new books.
L - Awesome. And he's great in Muppet Christmas Carol, too. There's something about watching him shiver in a newspaper that just stings your heart...
P - Or, if you're asking Rizzo, makes you laugh. "I just love seein' that rabbit get squashed!"
L - Well yes, but freezing is different than getting squashed. Getting squashed is why Scrooge threw the wreath at him.
P - But still, great comic relief. Even if it wasn't intended to be. I think I'm with the Muppets on this, that there's nothing funny than inflicting pain on Bean.
L - Especially if he's carrying Miss Piggy's luggage.
P - She called him "Beans" there, didn't she? As in "C'mon, Beans, let's bounce!"
L - Is that what she said? I always have trouble hearing that line...
P - Eh, she mumbled. But what matters is that Bean was carrying her luggage. Oh, and I loved his little cameo in MWoO, too.
L - Me too! Love it so much. He gets pushed around so wonderfully...
P - And it's so funny!
L - And since we haven't said so yet, I HAVE to say- he's performed by Steve.
P - SHA! And his middle name is Norman. Not Steve, Bean.
L - ...Now how the HECK do you know THAT?
P - He says so in "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" of course!
L - ...<grumbles>
P - Shall we go on before you hurt me?
L - Please.

51. Crazy Harry (The Muppet Show)

P - DID SOMEBODY SAY BOMB? !
L - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
P - That's all folks! Lisa just blew up our studio...
L - Oops...
P - Kidding.
L - Thank goodness.
P - In the quote from Frank (I think) "In the Muppets, during a sincere moment, there'll always be someone there to blow them up." That someone is Harry.
L - Formerly known as Donald, for Don Sahlin, who had a habit of pulling wild and crazy pranks, like blowing up Dave's desk.
P - MWoO ha ha ha! Oh I love that... Glad they changed him to Harry, though.
L - Yeah, Harry suits him well. Though I do love the idea of him being Donald for Don... But what with the duck and all, y'know...
P - I thought the duck was Ronald?
L - The Muppet duck, yes, but- Oh, nevermind. The point is, his name is Harry, and he blows stuff up.
P - And he has the coolest laugh. Well, okay, second coolest. Floyd has the coolest. Notice, people, they're both Jerry characters.
L - Oh, absolutely. And he has such a drive for that explosion, too. I bet he spends all day planting dynamite, just so he'll be ready whenever anyone says something explosive. ...Or sentimental.
P - You know, I think he has the entire theater bugged.
L - And I bet he got the Muppet Labs teleporter...
P - Oh totally. He's nuts. I love him. Oh, and I bought my action figure of Harry from Phillip Chapman. Thanks Phil!
L - ...<mumbles something about too many action figures and none for sale anywhere in suburbs north of Chicago>...
P - Is that it then?
L - I think so!
P - I can go to bed now?
L - Yes. You go to bed, and I'll finish packing and wash a couple pans and post this.
P - Oh good. Have fun with that!
L - ...Of... course...
P - You know you love it. Bye people!
L - Night folks!