The 100 Greatest Muppets! By Lisa and Prawnie!

Pork

Reaction score
So gald to see Cantus on this List. Great stuff

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... You think P remembers the interview with Dave Goelz on Muppetcast this last December? Oh well.
*Moves on waiting for the last five to finally complete this list.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great update! I most enjoyed reading your thoughts on Ernie and Bert and on Rowlf because I love those characters so very much, they are of my favorites. Looking forward to what's to come!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
L - But my brain died... I'm thinking in dots... lots and lots of dots that the MC edit-whatcha-ma-thing will edit down to one dot so that it all loses all effectiveness...
P - C'mooooooooooooon! It's the last FIVE! C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!
L - Alright, alright... just- don't complain if I start going in a weird combo of German, Hebrew, gibberish, and morse code, okay?
P - Okay, fine.
L - Got the list?
P - Well duh, I am the official holder of the offical list that is absolutely real and not fake we promise.
L - Of course. I pretend to hold the fake list.
P - Right. Can I reveal Muppet number 5 now?
L - Please do.

5. Klaus Mueller (The Muppet Show)

L - Gotta love Klaus!
P - My gosh, I don't know if there's a perfect Muppet, but Klaus is probably the closest thing.
L - Pretty darn close to the closest, anyway. What makes a Muppet is dedication, and boy, is Klaus dedicated.
P - My gosh yes. I mean, that hack Fozzie Bear might SEEM dedicated on the outside, but really, Klaus has dedication down to an art. Even Grover, that mediocre monster, doesn't even pale in comparison to Klaus's incredible dedication.
L - Oh yeah. Klaus knows what it's really about.
P - He'd be crushed if he wasn't present in the top five of this list.
L - <Ahem> He certainly would. And we wouldn't want a crushed Klaus, now would we?
P - No, of course not.
L - So here he is. Congratulations, Klaus.
P - Here's to you bright eyes, may your talents forever branch out into the endless tomorrow!

4. The Geefle (Sesame Street)

P - I heard that The Geefle was one of Jim Henson's favorite characters that he performed.
L - Wouldn't surprise me. Where would we be without The Geefle? Well, I don't know, but we probably wouldn't be making this list.
P - That is the most truthful thing you've ever typed. The Geefle has been an inspiration to Muppet fanatics everywhere. I think it's safe to say that without The Geefle, the Muppets would be a sham.
L - Here here. (Hear hear? Hear here?) He is certainly one of the greenest Muppets, too.
P - Yes. It's obvious that it's easy for him being green.
L - Quite! Anything's easy for him, with the help of a little Shirley.
P - Sha. The Geefle is quite the spectacle. I believe this is also where Jim came up with the name "Gelfling" for The Dark Crystal. Obviously he wanted to name them after his favorite character.
L - Well, NATURALLY. Who wouldn't?
P - Indeed! Well, I feel like if we keep talking we'll bring shame to the Geefle's name (though that is NEARLY impossible) we'd better move on.
L - On we go!

3. Anger (The Muppet Show Sex & Violence)

P - *teary eyed* I don't know if I can do this one. This character just means so much to children everywhere.
L - I don't know if I can do this one either, for different reasons. Prawnie and I are a little divided on this slot. I still think it should go to Wearing Funny Pants to a Funeral.
P - *crosses arms* I think our creative differences are going to prevent us from saying anything about this character. Shall we just move on?
L - <puts hands on hips> Fine!

2. Miss Mousey (The Muppet Show)

P - One of the most divine creatures ever to grace the medium of television.
L - A helpless victim of the pig's jealous wrath, and far more deserving of the pig's glory. I take my hat off to her.
P - Do you even wear a hat?
L - Well not anymore. I took it off to Miss Mousey!
P - As you should! She's a goddess on Earth. I don't think even Aphrodite possessed the striking beauty that belongs to our own Miss Mousey.
L - And it was about this very Muppet, in a discussion we quite recently had with our third Half, Leyla, that she said, "But I like it!" And if that's not proof of Miss Mousey's wonders, then ladies and gentlemen, I don't know what is.
P - EXACTLY! Which is why, we're moving on to our final Muppet on the countdown. Oh, I can barely contain my excitement!
L - I know, I know! I could just explode!
P - *explodes*
L - Yeah, kinda like that. <Sweeps up Prawnie pieces and glues them together>

1. Kermit the Pig (The Muppet Show)

P - My gosh... he truly started it all. *salutes him*
L - I know. I know. The purest image of what a fully-grown fig looks like.
P - Was there any doubt, really, that he'd be number one?
L - I should hope not. I mean, he is just that good. Who else could possibly be in this place?
P - No FROG, that's for sure.
L - Pft! Frog, shmog!
P - We want PIGS! Not frogs. Which is why, ladies and gentlemen, Kermit the Pig IS the greatest Muppet.
L - Aye. It's as simple as that.
P - Well, I think we've beat the tar our of this list, shall we let it sink into the readers?
L - Well, gee, I'd hate to see this end, y'know? It's been so much fun making this list, and all of our comments...
P - Yeah... but... well, it's gotta end sometime.
L - <Sigh> I suppose. Alright, then. Thanks for all of your support, gentle readers!
P - Thanks a lot! Sorry if your favorite Muppet didn't make the list! But, hey, mine did!
L - So did mine! And hey, it's our list, so... Yeah. So there.
P - Fare thee well! Prawn out!
L - Shalom and adieu!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
L - Y'know, Prawnie... Something doesn't seem right.
P - I got that feeling too... you're sure YOU were the one holding the fake list, right?
L - I think so... WAIT a second... Whose computer crashed, yours or mine?
P - Umm... didn't they both crash?
L - ...Okay, let's put it this way. Whose hard drive got wiped?
P - Yours?
L - I thought I got a new motherboard... Or was that you?
P - That was... you.
L - Then YOU'RE the one who lost a bunch of files... I think?
P - Umm... well I did... but I still have... wait, what?
L - ...Hang on, I found my list. Lemme see yours...
P - *gives Lisa list*
L - ...I don't know. One of these is the Final Five, and one of these is the False Five, but... Maybe we should post this one, too, just to cover all our bases?
P - Lisa, why are we so mean to these poor people? They are our READERS.
L - You're talking to the girl who kills innocent characters at the expense of her readers. You expect me to be NICE to these poor people?
P - *puppy dog eyes*
L - ...Whatever. Let's just post the other list. ...Where'd we put it?
P - You have it!
L - ...Um...
P - Oh good grief... Well, I'll just post this post and we'll look for it, o-KAY?
L - Fine, sure, I guess... Lemme look in my shoe real quick...
P - Good grief... we'll be back in a little bit, folks...
L - Or is it in my coat...
P - *rolls eyes*

Leyla

Reaction score
Well! There we have it! The great list of... oh.

Speaking of beating the tar out of things that deserve having the tar beaten out of them...

Speaking of Anger...

Speaking of... whoever those other two guys are...

I have to dicipline a couple of halves. Excuse me... Okay... Prawnie... you're reading every single one of my stories... YOU know the ones... and Lisa... You...have to write me an 80 page essay on filthly lies without once mention anything muppet related.

Get cracking, before I tell PIggy what you said about Miss Mousy!

Edit: Oh! Looks like they're getting confused again. I'll fix that too, since I'm cleaning house. C'mere you two... I've got my microchip tagging guns. You won't be able to sit down for a while, so be warned...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Ahem... Will miss Layla please pick up the white courtesy fanfic? You have a Kermie's Girl chapter awaiting long review.

As for the halves... Not to worry, we're cooking the prawn for dinner withpeppers and salt and all the fixings over at the Kiss Kiss Hug Hug thread. Lisa, get to posting the real list or we'll have to step in and confiscate your minds.

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the reminder, Ed dear, but I gushed at her on MSN. One of these days, you'll miss me Kermit... er... I mean, I'll get caught up on all these missing reviews!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... So long as you've already read and replied to it, that's the important thing. BTW: Congrats on getting to 500 and hugs to you and your fluffy little Leppit.

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh! And hugs back to you too! I did get to 500 at least! Only took me two years. Thanks, dear! C'mon, halves... get going! I'm sleepy!