The “What did you do today?” thread

Any Del

Reaction score
Took my driver's license test...and did not pass. I failed to use signals while backing, didn't check blind spots, and didn't stop at a blinking red light. :frown: At least I was able to reschedule it for September, so there's that.
Yeah I know that feeling. I failed twice. One for going into a dead end street and second for failing to yield right of way. But don't worry, you'll get it. And I'm pretty sure your instructor was giving you a hard time after you failed huh?

Any Del

Reaction score
The third time was just horrible. I did it in a very ghetto town with confusing roads so I effed up on the test. But what made me mad was the guy didn’t even go over what I got wrong with me. He literally just told me I needed to practice because I got a lot of check marks and then left. I could tell he just wanted to get it over with. The staff there were NOT friendly.
Those DMV test instructors are just a bunch of miserable middle aged ********. The first two were female and had that "I hate my job" look. The third instructor was a male and he was down to earth and the way he instructed got me to pass.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah I know that feeling. I failed twice. One for going into a dead end street and second for failing to yield right of way. But don't worry, you'll get it. And I'm pretty sure your instructor was giving you a hard time after you failed huh?
Actually, he didn't give me a hard time. He was just like, "Unfortunately you'll have to come back" and he explained what I did wrong. Apparently not all instructors care enough to do that, so I lucked out there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I understand now why my state has some of the worst drivers in the country: our driver's license tests are a joke.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, he didn't give me a hard time. He was just like, "Unfortunately you'll have to come back" and he explained what I did wrong. Apparently not all instructors care enough to do that, so I lucked out there.
You’re telling me! The Lynn RMV (the really ghetto one) was so awful. I could just tell right when I entered inside I was not going to have a good time. Not only did my instructor just tell me I need to practice and leave, but he was just completely dead silent half the time, pretty much with a “let’s just get this over with” attitude. Even though my first one was a big tough guy with a very picky attitude, at least he went over what I did wrong, which was a plus.

Last edited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the highlight of my day today was having a 20 minute conversation with someone about 2-D's (from Gorillaz) butt :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He has a butt?

I could probably go into a 20 minute conversation about Noodle's legs, but who would want to engage in that?