The “What did you do today?” thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Took my driver's license test...and did not pass. I failed to use signals while backing, didn't check blind spots, and didn't stop at a blinking red light. :frown: At least I was able to reschedule it for September, so there's that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's honestly more than I ever did for my driver's license test . . . all they had me do was pull out of the DMV, circle in a subdivision, and pull back into the DMV. My only infractions were I swung too wide when making a turn, and forgot to signal for a lane change. Other than that, I passed. :smirk:

cjd874

Reaction score
Well my route was basically a circle from the DMV to a school parking lot and then back. I think I could have done better with my parking too.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I failed that twice -- I apparently failed to yield to a pedestrian who was pacing in circles on a street corner and I don't even remember what happened the second... I thought I passed with flying colors both times! :big_grin:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I failed three times - the first was because I didn’t know my hand signals (I was SO mad that day, lol).

The second time was because the same instructor I had from my first attempt was just super picky. Like, if you literally make ONE minor mistake, he will not pass you. (Also didn’t help that he was a really big guy with an intimidating appearance).

The third time was just horrible. I did it in a very ghetto town with confusing roads so I effed up on the test. But what made me mad was the guy didn’t even go over what I got wrong with me. He literally just told me I needed to practice because I got a lot of check marks and then left. I could tell he just wanted to get it over with. The staff there were NOT friendly.

The fourth time I pretty much got lucky. My instructor was just chatting away with my mom half the time and not paying attention. But hey, I’m grateful for it. 😛

If any rate, don’t give up @cjd874. Just keep trying and you’ll get it. The best thing I can say is just relax, and hope you get an easy going instructor.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
I failed three times - the fiest was because I didn’t know my hand signals (I was SO mad that day, lol).

The second time was because the same instructor I had from my first attempt was just super picky. Like, if you literally make ONE minor mistake, he will not pass you. (Also didn’t help that he was a really big guy with an intimidating appearance).

The third time was just horrible. I did it in a very ghetto town with confusing roads so I effed up on the test. But what made me mad was the guy didn’t even go over what I got wrong with me. He literally just told me I needed to practice because I got a lot of check marks and then left. I could tell he just wanted to get it over with. The staff there were NOT friendly.

The fourth time I pretty much got lucky. My instructor was just chatting away with my mom half the time and not paying attention. But hey, I’m grateful for it. 😛

If any rate, don’t give up @cjd874. Just keep trying and you’ll get it. The best thing I can say is just relax, and hope you get an easy going instructor.
Thanks @LittleJerry92 ! My instructor was pretty serious, but seemed to be a good guy. I asked him how his morning was, and even addressed him as "sir." It was going well until I came to the red light. I don't come across many blinking red lights when I drive around town and there was construction on this bridge at the intersection, so this was new to me. I didn't see any traffic coming, so I made the turn at the red light without coming to a full stop. The instructor said nothing.
After the test, he said he'd be back in a minute. Didn't say whether I passed or not, which I thought was weird. I think he was talking to his supervisor and maybe he wanted to pass me because I did really well up until that blinking red light. His supervisor probably said "No, we have to stick to the rules: one X in the critical driving skills section is an automatic fail." So I didn't pass. At least the instructor told me what I did wrong. But I'm not discouraged at all...I'm going to keep driving as often as possible to increase my chances of passing the next test.

Any Del

Reaction score
Well technically speaking I saw the 2019 version of "The Lion King" yesterday 7/21.