Teen Holds Guinness World Record For Largest Collection of Muppet Memorabilia

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my mom's trying to get me back into that phase again: for the past two or three Christmases, she keeps getting me collectibles that I really don't want - I've gotten to a point where I've had to install shelves in my room just so I'll have somewhere to put them. I mean yeah, some of them are nice to look at, but what do I do with them? I just dust them each week, and that's about it.
That woman loves you, man. There are so many mothers who wouldn’t care about doing this at all. In fact, they’d be strongly against it. Treasure her.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
As a collector myself, I usually get things I like. I prefer to quality over quantity. For example, I don’t really buy a ceramic pieces because while they’re in good quality I have no use for them.

Also I have to think about other expenses like going to movies, food, clothing, and emergency situations. Now, occasionally I will splurge and buy something, like recently I bought the gund Count plush to add in my collection.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This is kind of another reason why I stopped being a crazy collector that I was when I was younger. It was especially tiresome when we'd move all the time and I'd have to pack up my collections, unpack them, rearrange them, pack them up again, unpack them again, rearrange them again, etc.

Unfortunately, my mom's trying to get me back into that phase again: for the past two or three Christmases, she keeps getting me collectibles that I really don't want - I've gotten to a point where I've had to install shelves in my room just so I'll have somewhere to put them. I mean yeah, some of them are nice to look at, but what do I do with them? I just dust them each week, and that's about it.

I remember when I was a kid, I wished my favorite Cartoon Network shows had more merchandise because I wanted to fill my room with them: Courage, the Eds, it didn't matter, I just wanted more - it was part of being a fanboy. Now, as an adult, I feel "meh" about the whole thing, and kind of have that Oscarfan I don't care either way mentality about it all.
Omg, this is so me hahaha; I still enjoy collectibles, but I'm kind of a bare bones guy. I kind of always been, but the Christmas thing happened to me last Christmas. :big_grin:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Tbh, I just want a few Muppet plushes to decorate my bed, and to never run out of DVDs to watch.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Omg, this is so me hahaha; I still enjoy collectibles, but I'm kind of a bare bones guy. I kind of always been, but the Christmas thing happened to me last Christmas. :big_grin:
Tbh, I just want a few Muppet plushes to decorate my bed, and to never run out of DVDs to watch.
I agree, I’m not really into buying collectibles and the like. If someone gives it to me as a gift, I’ll of course love it, but I would never go out of my way to buy them. I prefer the actual media (DVDs, books, CDs, etc.) :wink:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I’m trying to ease down but there is stuff I would like to have in my collection

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
20 bucks says there's nothing that was made during the Jim Henson era. (except the content on the DVDs and such)

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Any piece of merchandise from when Jim Henson was around before his death on May 16, 1990.

A Muppet Babies toy produced in 1986? Check. A poster bought from 1989?. Ok. Some Great Muppet Caper collectible glasses (if there were any) to tie-in with the movie? WOW

And I BARELY scratched the surface of Muppet merchandise from the Jim Henson era. There was billions more, even if it's just Muppet Show Muppets.

The only exception is for the non-collectible stuff like DVDs/videos, etc .that have Jim performing his characters.

But, who for me to say. I've built a Peanuts collection since the mid-late 2000s and the only piece of Peanuts merchandise I've owned that I kept that was from the Sparky (Charles Schulz) era is a 1998/1999 VHS (its a 1994 reprint I believe) of It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown

Last edited: