Super Grover and the Sesame Street Cat-burglar

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... I do remember the farmers four from MUppet Musicians of Bremen, one of the Muppet specials they aired on Nickelodeon back in the early 90's, when I still had better TV-watching sight and Nick was a good channel among my viewing channels.

Your choice to bring them in as the villains for this story was well thought out, and their reactions in the last few chapters confronting the superheroes was in character. Look forward to more when it's ready and posted.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes that's true Count and remember how it was hinted at that Mordacai and Mean Floyd were the ones fleeing from the castle after your cameo appearance. And naturally it would have been Lardpork who scoffed all Poor Cookie Monster's cookies.
Thank you to all who have taken an interest in this story and I will come up with the conclusion soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh boy, I had a lot to catch-up on, but it was totally worth it. I hope Super Grover, Captain Breakfast, and Captain Vegetable can get out of this safely!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The villians from The Muppet Musicians of Bremen are good choices for villians. It is a bit of a shame that none of them ever returned for any Henson production (did they all wear out fast? It would be a bit surprising if both the costume and puppet versions wore out in a short amount of time). Of course, they sort of look realistic enough to be in a creature shop production.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This has turned out to be the final chapter of my story so here it is

CHAPTER 10

Mordacai led Super-Grover, Cap. Vegetable and Cap. Breakfast down to the basement by gunpoint. The other three crooks followed behind him. Caleb had used smelling salts to wake up Mean Floyd and Lardpork.

Inside the basement Caleb said, "This is where we remove the identification off our merchandise. You three heroes wanted so badly to find it. Be satisfied then because you'll never leave it."
"Can't I cook the rabbit please Caleb?" pleaded Lardpork. "I'm sure he'll taste delicious."
"Oh very well then," consented Caleb

So Lardpork tied a gag around Cap.Vegetable's mouth and secured his hands behind his back. "You won't get your toothies into me again bunny." He picked Cap.Vegetable up and departed with him saying "We'll have rabbit stew for dinner tonight."
Caleb said to Super-Grover and Cap.Breakfast. "As for you other two I've got a nasty, slow demise to get rid of you. Mordecai and Mean Floyd are going to tie you up and lock you inside a trunk each. There'll be airholes in the top so you won't suffocate. But we'll leave you here to slowly starve to death. We'll dispose of your bodies at night somewhere when you've carked it."
"You're evil and sick!" cried Super-Grover.
"Sorry. Can't have you sabotaging my nice respectable honest business." said Caleb with sarcasm in his voice.

Mean Floyd said, "I'll bind this one." as he took a rope and walked over to Cap.Breakfast. "After the way he attacked me like a devil from heck frightening me out of my wits revenge will be sweet."
Mordacai lowered his rifle as he approached Super-Grover. "No funny stuff now. I'm keeping an eye on you." he threatened. But while he was preparing to bind Super-Grover, Cap.Breakfast suddenly reached into his utility belt and pulled out a small packet of rice bubbles rigged up to explode in an assailants' face. Mean Floyd was terribly shocked as the bag burst open spraying rice bubbles all over him. "Aaaaahh! What the blue blazes is happening now?"
Mordacai was so taken aback that he let his guard down enabling Super-Grover to aim a punch in his stomach. As Mordacai doubled over he received a second blow right in his face and as he fell Super-Grover snatched up the rifle and cried out "Now Mr.Siles. You and your friends are our prisoners this time."
Cap.Breakfast laughed. "I hate to see good breakfast food wasted like that but sometimes there is an emergency sacrifice."
Mordacai was nursing his newly blackened eye and cussing while Caleb said "Curse you." Mean Floyd still hadn't gotten over the cereal exploding. He just shivered and chattered his teeth.
Covering them with the gun the two heroes quickly had them tied up securely with their own rope and locked the basement door behind them for good measure.
Then they ran to the kitchen as fast as they could and taking Lardpork by surprise tackled him from behind just as he was about to prepare to skin Cap.Vegetable for cooking.

Then they called the police and waited for them to arrive. Soon a paddy wagon pulled up outside the shop and Patrolman Bear stepped out along with his superior officer, Sargent Hogthrob.
Super-Grover and his friends turned the four criminals over to them and presented all the stolen goods from Sesame Street that still had their identification on them as evidence. Sargent Hogthrob said "Well done super heroes. We've been suspicious of Caleb Siles's shop for a long time. But we've never had any proof to arrest him. After the trial the evidence will be duly returned to its rightful owners. Patrol Bear read them their rights and snap on the cuffs."
"Yes sir" Patrol Bear obeyed his Sargent and Mordacai, Mean Floyd, Lardpork and Caleb were all handcuffed and stowed in the paddy wagon.
"I'll get even with you three for this someday." snarled Mr.Siles as the wagon doors were shut behind him.
After the police drove off Super-Grover thanked Cap.Breakfast and Cap.Vegetable. "I never could have solved this case without your help."
"It was our pleasure Super-Grover." answered Cap.Vegetable.
Cap.Breakfast asked if he wanted a lift back to Sesame Street in Cap.Vegetable's Vege-mobile or did he just want to fly again. After thinking for a moment Super-Grover decided he'd had enough pratfalls for the time being and said he wouldn't mind being taken for a ride this time. So the trio all laughed together and sang joyful songs of how justice always triumphs with super-heroes assistance all the way back to Sesame Street in the Vege-mobile

THE END

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Whew. I enjoyed writing this story. Now that it's finished can somebody please give me their overall opinion of it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good story Martin... Patrol Bear Fozzie and Patrol Chief Link Hogthrob were good cameos for the end. A bit of suspense and a bit of quick thinking... You might want to take your time and slowly develop the next story you write, if you end up writing another story.

Hope this helps, and have a great weekend.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
:smile: Nice comments Count. I am writing another story called Pops falls in love. I have the prologue posted but I do want to think about how to set this one out. Thanks again for your encouragement.:smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Excellent work Martin! This chapter really kept me on the edge of my seat. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Glad you loved it Kathy. Have you noticed the beginning to my new story Pops falls in love yet?