Super Grover and the Sesame Street Cat-burglar

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hurray for the arrival of Captain Breakfast and Captain Vegitable! I'm happy to see them! I hope they can catch the bad guy so all of the Sesame Street residents can get their belongings back! Good story Martin, I look forward to more!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's pretty late but I'll do a very itty-bitty chapter to wet your appetites

CHAPTER SEVEN

At that very moment over in Whistleville Caleb Siles sat in his easy chair in his house next to his shop. He looked at his pocket watch. His three faithful hired lackeys should arrive back from their latest outing for him any moment right then.

Hearing a knock at the door he stood up, walked to the door and opened it after taking a glance through the peephole. "Come on in and let me see what you've got for me to sell this time."

So the three lackeys entered carrying their innocent looking bags. First there was great, big, fat, greedy Lardpork. Then there was scaredy-cat coward, Mean Floyd. And finally there was bad-tempered and bad-mouthed Mordecai Sledge.

"We've brought you lots of records, DVDs, toys and other stuff from Sesame Street Caleb." Mordecai proudly opened his bag and so did the other two. Caleb searched through it all, his eyes beaming.

"Well done boys. After you sort out what cannot be redeemed and take the identification off what can be made saleable I'll give you your pay like I always do."

The four of them laughed heartily together. This was a perfect racket for them. They didn't think they would ever get busted and they were rolling in ill-gotten money.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm really liking this story, Martin. Great job on it so far. I can see that Caleb Siles is the long-lost relative of Eli. XD Very nice way depicting the bad guy, I love it.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually he is a Henson muppet like his three lackeys Sara.
If you've ever seen the Muppet Musicians of Bremen they are the gang of robbers who are also the ex-masters of the four animals who become the Travelling Musicians of Bremen as in the old Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale on which the hour length Henson special is based.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER EIGHT

Later at 3 o'clock in the afternoon Cap. Breakfast and Cap. Vegetable drove into Whistleville City in the Vege-mobile. On the way they had distributed some free vegetables to a poor, starving family who had been begging for charity by the roadside. Cap.Vegetable reminded them how good carrots, celery and other vegetables were for them and Cap.Breakfast gave them some orange juice, milk and packets of rice bubbles and wheet-bix. "Remember kids," he had said to the children. "How important it is to eat a good, healthy breakfast to give you energy for the day's events."
The family were very grateful and promised to eat well. The two super-heroes were very pleased and waved good-bye as they drove off. They hadn't been held up too long and in any case it was always good to help people in need.

They pulled up in front of Caleb Sile's store to wait for Super-Grover. He had opted to fly. He needed to practice. Not that it ever seemed to do him any good at all.
As he approached the meeting point he was out of control again, crashing into the sidewalk with a scream. But he picked himself up as his friends exited the vehicle and walked over to him.
Cap.Vegetable said "Let's make our way casually around to the back of the store and look for an opening." The trio discovered a door around the back. Cap.Vegetable carefully tried it. It wasn't locked. "I'll go first," he said, creeping quietly inside he looked around. "Lte's split up. Super-Grover you walk down the left. I'll walk down to the right. Cap.Breakfast you stay here for now in hiding behind those big crates and watch the door."

So they took up their positions. Cap.Breakfast concealing himself and the other two creeping off in each direction. As Cap.Vegetable made his way down the right he came across a door. Putting his ear to it he didn't realize someone creeping up behind him.
Suddenly a large, fat, porky hand clamped over his mouth and another hand opened the door revealing a kitchen. "I was just on my way here to prepare dinner for tonight. And what do I find? A nice, tender, juicy-looking rabbit." Lardpork's mouth was watering as he prepared to enter the kitchen with Cap. Vegetable tightly held in his grip.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER NINE

Just at that moment Cap.Breakfast saw Mean Floyd preparing to enter the door. He quickly climbed to the top of the crates and pounced upon his target as he stepped inside knocking him down. To Mean Floyd Cap.Breakfast looked like some huge winged devil with his cape flapping in the semi-darkness. "Yeeoowl! An evil spirit is attacking me! Aaah! No! Get off!"
As Mean Floyd screamed struggling with Cap.Breakfast, Lardpork turned his head toward the sound relaxing his hold. Cap. Vegetable promptly bit Lardpork's hand. Lardpork cried out in pain and chased Cap.Vegetable in rage towards the commotion. Super-Grover had also heard it and he too was running back.

When they both met Cap. Breakfast in the middle the rabbit cried out to Super-Grover about Lardpork. Thinking quickly Super-Grover rushed at the fat crook butting him hard in the stomach with his helmeted head. Lardpork had the wind knocked out of him and Cap.Vegetable hit him hard over the head with a cabbage. Cap.Breakfast jumped out of the way just as Lardpork came crashing down upon Mean Floyd cutting him off in another mid scream. The two crooks were knocked out cold on the floor where they lay.

But before the three heroes could make another move they heard a voice call out. "Stand still where you are you glockfurbished flim-flam cadjunks."
They turned and saw foul-mouthed Mordecai Sledge pointing a double barrel rifle at them. And next to him was Caleb Siles himself adjusting his monocle and scowling darkly.

This is it for now. I shall finish this story ASAP friends

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm on the edge of my seat! You have a great writing style, it's very descriptive to what's going on. You've managed to make a great mystery/action/adventure story while keeping true to the Sesame Street characters (example: Grover crashing to the ground with a scream, that's so Super Groverish!). Great job, keep it up!

Katzi428

Reaction score
This looks wonderful Martin!You're quite a writer!:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So incidentally does anybody remember Mordacai Sledge, Lardpork, Mean Floyd and Caleb Siles from The Muppet Musicians of Bremen?
And if so what do you think of my idea to use them as the bad guys for my Super-Grover story?