Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

datman24

Reaction score
I have a feeling that if returning to Jimmy Dean format, where short sketches written by Muppet writers (unlike SNL) would appear between this and that as a part of some bigger small-screen programme was possible, it would catch on with public immediately.
Exactly! They had something going for them when they did all those short online videos back in the late 2000s. In my opinion, that Bohemian Rhapsody music video was the closest they ever came to recapturing the Jim Henson-era of the Muppets. I don't know why they stopped doing them (and I am absolutely 100% positive that it had nothing to do with Steve Whitmire's alleged behavior).

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You know I wasn’t going to state this, but when I Met Artie Esposito at a con, he told me was devastated about Steve’s firing. Also, he stated that there was pilot where he was Kermit.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I just wish people to stop complaining to Disney and the Henson family for firing Steve Whitmire. They have to fire him for a reason. And I think Matt Vogel is doing a great job as Kermit. Those crazy crazy fans need to let it go.:mad: I don't mean to rant, but I need to get this out of my mind.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I just wish people to stop complaining to Disney and the Henson family for firing Steve Whitmire. They have to fire him for a reason. And I think Matt Vogel is doing a great job as Kermit. Those crazy crazy fans need to let it go.:mad: I don't mean to rant, but I need to get this out of my mind.
It seems you like to commenting on drama that really doesn’t matter at this point. People have moved on from the whole firing

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
So . . . . . are we not allowed our opinions anymore? Besides, most of us are over it anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw that there’s going to be a Dark Crystal fan convention held at (or by?) Elstree Studios called The Great Con-Junction, and Steve Whitmire will be a guest there.
I’m not sure how official the event is, or if it’s officially being held/licensed/endorsed by Henson, but if the Henson Company is officially involved in this, then it’s great that Whitmire will part of it.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I saw that there’s going to be a Dark Crystal fan convention held at (or by?) Elstree Studios called The Great Con-Junction, and Steve Whitmire will be a guest there.
I’m not sure how official the event is, or if it’s officially being held/licensed/endorsed by Henson, but if the Henson Company is officially involved in this, then it’s great that Whitmire will part of it.
Please stop posting in this thread, folks. Let it die and hope the admins will soon unsticky it.

I also doubt the event is officially sanctioned by Henson. If it was, they'd NEVER invite Steve--they hate him too much.

It seems you like to commenting on drama that really doesn’t matter at this point. People have moved on from the whole firing
Except some trolls on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. :rolleyes:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Please stop posting in this thread, Duke Remington. Hopefully the mods will remove your pointless, toxic messages.