Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

MWoO

Reaction score
Exactly.

I can see "Muppets Now" on DisneyPlus being a golden opportunity for Matt to show what he can really do with Kermit.
I honestly hope it is. I hope this attempt at a new show is able to show case the Muppets once again and I hope some interest is ignited.

It's weird how the Muppets seem to disappear totally and then come back and then disappear again. In this day and age of media, you need to have a constant presence or at least long term plans between projects.

BeakerGirl94

Reaction score
It's weird how the Muppets seem to disappear totally and then come back and then disappear again. In this day and age of media, you need to have a constant presence or at least long term plans between projects.
I'm pretty sure that Disney has been wanting to give The Muppets a constant media presence but were unable to do so because of the issues that they were having with Whitmire

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Disney has been wanting to give The Muppets a constant media presence but were unable to do so because of the issues that they were having with Whitmire
Not exactly, Kirk Thatcher stated that the biggest problem with the early years with Disney is they didn’t really know how to bring back the Muppets, there was so many projects canceled like a Muppet roast to serval TV pilots.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Right, and it took Jason Segel shoving his script in their faces and practically pleading with them to do it just to get the 2011 movie (and this after they passed on Frank Oz's treatment that originated as something that he, Jim, and Jerry Juhl drafted years before).