Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Banjo man

Reaction score
Somebody had linked the Kermit/Constantine appearance on Pentatonix's Christmas special, and admittedly, I agree with the consensus that both characters sounded the same voice-wise, and that the only way you could tell a difference was Constantine's Russian accent.
I sorta wish that Peter Linz did Kermit because he already took a lot of Steve's characters over and now he also does Ernie and does a pretty good job at it too. Since Peter does Ernie,I think Peter should have token over Kermit

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I sorta wish that Peter Linz did Kermit because he already took a lot of Steve's characters over and now he also does Ernie and does a pretty good job at it too. Since Peter does Ernie,I think Peter should have token over Kermit
I LOVE Peter's work with Ernie. He's done a fantastic job of him from what I've seen so far.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess response to Artie Esposito's Kermit was too negative to consider having him take over the character fulltime (even though that was just a one-shot appearance anyway).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess response to Artie Esposito's Kermit was too negative to consider having him take over the character fulltime (even though that was just a one-shot appearance anyway).
It's pretty crazy. I guess I kind of understand that people were scared that Steve was being replaced, but regardless, as we saw with Steve and Matt, Artie could've improved with the right training. And sure, his Kermit was a little flat (in terms of voice, personality, and head shape) but the fans' negative reactions were way too over the top, in my opinion.