Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

rexcrk

Reaction score
I figured as much. The Pentatonix video was great, I honestly never expected to see Constantine again now that they have the same performer, so that was a nice surprise.

I still miss Steve though. I was watching the Single All The Way episode of the 2015 show and it’s kind of sad looking at his latest performances because you know shortly after them is when he gets fired.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I still think Matt's best performance so far has been the Hollywood Bowl because I felt he was much in character there with Kermit.

Some of these appearances/Thoughts of the Weeks haven't been that great to show off or let Matt have fun with the character. Though, I did like him on Dancing with the Stars.

We have many more years to come, so I bet in 10 years we'll be praising Matt's performances from 5 specials. (lol just guessing).

Mario500

Reaction score
We have many more years to come, so I bet in 10 years we'll be praising Matt's performances from 5 specials. (lol just guessing).
I would had not made this "bet" if I were you (personally I doubt I would be praising this Matt for any performance related to Kermit due to his voice for him being very different from those of his other official performers).

I miss Steve also and wish he would come back.
I would feel the same way if I were you.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I would had not made this "bet" if I were you (personally I doubt I would be praising this Matt for any performance related to Kermit due to his voice for him being very different from those of his other official performers).

I would feel the same way if I were you.
Me too.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Watching any performances with Steve now is sad because it makes you wonder what the other performers were thinking during filming.
If you mean the films and other projects after Jim Henson died, then that would be true. Even if he was being a little overprotective even then, they still managed to get things done.

I still wonder if any other performers are still standing by him. I mean we know Mike Quinn and Frank (unofficially) stood by him, I still wonder if Dave is still there for him given that they had loads of screen time together as Gonzo and Rizzo, Bunsen and Beaker and Wembley and Boober.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Matt's Kermit sounds pretty off in this MTotW if you ask me. Which is weird because he sounded fine in the Hollywood Bowl and the first MTotW that he started performing Kermit in.
Well, I think he was in a tight spot being stuck on the conveyor belt. Plus this was the first Matt did Kermit shouting, I believe. Again, since Matt is still new to performing :smile: we have to keep in mind he's not going to sound the same all the time. It depends on what he's saying and what tone of the voice he's speaking and things like that. Though I definitely liked the "Jetsons" reference in that one.

I still wonder if any other performers are still standing by him. I mean we know Mike Quinn and Frank (unofficially) stood by him, I still wonder if Dave is still there for him given that they had loads of screen time together as Gonzo and Rizzo, Bunsen and Beaker and Wembley and Boober.
And don't forget the classic Kermit/Gonzo pairings such as "Everyone Matters" from VMX and the touching goodbye scene from MFS.

Banjo man

Reaction score

OK so here is my response to this. I was very happy Constantine was back but now, Since Matt does Kermit and Constantine, they sound TOO similar. Not trying to be mean to Vogel but now,instead of Constantine having a bad Kermit impression and sounded very different from Kermit, but know they sound a bit to different. I'm not trying to be mean . Also, side note, Love the joke about Constantine being a meme in the form of "Evil Kermit".