Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Switching gears for a second, I was reading through some comments on Steve's blog, and saw someone say that
The word on Rizzo is that he, along with all of Steve’s other characters, will now be performed by Peter Linz.
Also interesting to note, they cited Production Assistants as their source.
Mike Quinn quickly popped in to correct that statement:
Rizzo hasn’t been recast. Also, Peter hasn’t taken over all Steve’s characters.
Those are all total assumptions
Sounds like it's his word against Mike's. Guess we won't know for sure until the Hollywood Bowl

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
It's going to take some getting used to, I know that much. But I'm in agreement with those who say they're not hearing Jim's Kermit. Sorry.
Yeah, Matt's Kermit is more nasal than Jim. I thought it sounded a bit like a deeper Artie Esposito.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
It has probably made some fans not hear what they don't want to hear. If Steve had resigned instead of gotten fired, I have a feeling a lot more people would be able to hear Jim's Kermit, admire the great job Matt did, and not feel the need to say that it is "no good" or "needs work."
Honestly, I'd still have the same opinion as I do now if Steve wouldn't have gotten fired.

And my opinion is still eh but I'm proud of Matt.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
And Family Guy is neither kids nor family entertainment. There is also a difference between being edgy and being disgusting just for shock value.
Neither Is The Simpsons a Family or Kids show, The Simpsons Is an Adult Sitcom but Kids Watch It. The Original Muppets weren't supposed to be for kids either It was supposed to be for Adults. That's what Jim originally Envisioned.

Censored

Reaction score
Neither Is The Simpsons a Family or Kids show, The Simpsons Is an Adult Sitcom but Kids Watch It. The Original Muppets weren't supposed to be for kids either It was supposed to be for Adults. That's what Jim originally Envisioned.
The Simpsons is a step above the sick humor of South Park and Family Guy. The Muppets are way above it all.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Thought of the week video is finally up. Curious to know your reactions of Matt's peformance of Kermit.
My first thought Is Kermit on the Muppet Show voiced by Jim, has shades of that In It. So there Is some hope here! It will take time for Matt to master the voice before a big Muppet production like a TV show or Movie hopefully that Is In the works by the way?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
The Simpsons is a step above the sick humor of South Park and Family Guy. The Muppets are way above it all.
The Simpsons are a show In the Vein of The Honeymooners or the Flintstones but Definitely intended for Adults bottom line no reason a white dude cant voice a black dude weather its for kids or adults what does it matter? In the end Its Voice Acting and Puppeteering. If you are good at both voice acting and puppeteering what does it matter what race or gender you are.
Do we all forget this was the Muppets,

Censored

Reaction score
The Simpsons are a show In the Vein of The Honeymooners or the Flintstones but Definitely intended for Adults bottom line no reason a white dude cant voice a black dude weather its for kids or adults what does it matter? In the end Its Voice Acting and Puppeteering. If you are good at both voice acting and puppeteering what does it matter what race or gender you are.
Do we all forget this was the Muppets,

I saw that when it first came out. The title makes it sound more adult than it actually is, but yes, the Muppets do cross age barriers, but that does NOT put them in the same class with South Park or Family Guy.