Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
For the record, I wasn't reminded of Constantine at all. I was reminded of Jim's Kermit which is never a bad thing.
As Sly and the Family Stone once sang, "different strokes for different folks." I found Matt's Kermit sounded nothing like Jim's myself, but that's just me. Like Steve's Kermit, I'm sure it will get better to me in time, and I'm not going to be the type that goes "they changed it, now it sucks." I do like Steve's Kermit better, though (actually, I like Jim's Kermit the best), probably because that's what I've gotten used to. It won't be easy, but eventually, I'll get used to Matt's Kermit, too.

(incidentally, the song I'm referencing is called "Everyday People" for those who are curious)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's been said before, and I think it should be said again - this is only a ten second bit - and frankly not one with a lot to work with. Not to mention the fact that we're still really, really early in the Matt as Kermit game (extremely early in this case, as this was shot much earlier in the year.) I don't think it's fair to go for critiquing just yet, but that's just me.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
It's not quite there yet, but the potential is obviously there. Jim's Kermit will always be the best for me, it's what I grew up with. Steve gradually grew into the role, same as Matt will, I'm sure. For whatever reason, Steve's Kermit actually sounded a bit worse by the end (there was a hoarseness to his voice in the tv series), and I think Matt's Kermit is better than Steve's final performances, but it's really too short a clip to judge fairly.

Censored

Reaction score
Welcome back, Jim’s Kermit. You’ve been away too long.

Censored

Reaction score
There is and will always be only one Jim. Matt may be the next best thing when it comes to Kermit though.

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
Geez...I mean, everyone has their own opinion, but to mine is that he doesn't sound like Jim's Kermit at all. I just don't hear it. I gave my first shots at this as audio only and if I don't already know, I wouldn't have known who this character was. By the time he gets to his last line, he starts to sound like Steve's Kermit, but at no point did I get Jim. Maybe because it's lower in register? It sounds quite a bit like his Robin to me.

Again, I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I just don't get how people are hearing Jim or how they can say the character is back in a 14 second clip with zero context. It's a catch phrase. There just isn't much to go on.

With people insisting it sounds like Jim or is so close, I kind of wonder if all the drama and taking of sides has caused some wishful thinking and people hearing what they want to hear. Personally, I was much more instantly taken with Peter's Ernie. Right now, I'm not feeling it, but will wait until we get some more content.

Censored

Reaction score
I kind of wonder if all the drama and taking of sides has caused some wishful thinking and people hearing what they want to hear.
It has probably made some fans not hear what they don't want to hear. If Steve had resigned instead of gotten fired, I have a feeling a lot more people would be able to hear Jim's Kermit, admire the great job Matt did, and not feel the need to say that it is "no good" or "needs work."