Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I think someone once said "One should never hold up Jeff Dunham as a model for racial sensitivity"...

It was me, the person that said that was me.
Well maybe he's racist to combat racism, i.e. be so racist you show everyone how not to act.

Maybe. IDRC. :stick_out_tongue:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Would you say its ok to have a black guy perform a white Muppet?
And Family Guy is neither kids nor family entertainment. There is also a difference between being edgy and being disgusting just for shock value.

Censored

Reaction score
Would you say its ok to have a black guy perform a white Muppet?
I never said that a white person performing a black puppet was necessarily bad or vice-versa. I was saying why you can't compare the Muppets To Family Guy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's true that Jim never wanted the Muppets to be pigeon-holed as kiddy entertainment, nor did he want to be stigmatized as a children's entertainer either; at the same time, however, while the Muppets have always indulged in a little adult humor, it was always sophisticated and tongue-in-cheek to the point that it wasn't entirely inappropriate for kids either - like Rocky and Bullwinkle, for example.

Adult cartoons, especially Seth MacFarlane shows, are far more blatant about it because they always go for shock value to see just how far they can push the envelope in getting away with anything.

Ironically, Caroll Spinney is a big fan of SOUTH PARK. :stick_out_tongue:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Ironically, Caroll Spinney is a big fan of SOUTH PARK. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, I won't hold it against him.

Sorry, but I really hate South Park. I'm not too crazy about Family Guy, either. When it comes to adult humor, I prefer it when it's subtle, such as The Muppets, and Rocky and Bullwinkle. Matter of fact, when I saw reruns of R&B as a kid, a lot of stuff went over my head. Watching it nowadays, I get a lot more of the jokes I didn't used to.

Censored

Reaction score
The trouble with shows like South Park and Family Guy is that they never come up for air. It's just continuous dark humor. I mean, it's like this: "Ok, I get it! The world is a horrible place, nothing is sacred, everyone is despicable, we're all doomed! I get it, South Park and Family Guy! You've made your point! Can we ever move on?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll give the Simpsons credit for coming up for air from time to time, but again, even then, their humor and the Muppets' humor are significantly different, so it was a mistake to bring in Simpsons writers for VMX to try to give the Muppets more Simpsons-esque humor.