Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You can't really compare the two. Family Guy is a show in very bad taste that goes in with the intention of offending across the board.
So? It's still something that can happen even in the Muppets regardless of the type of humor.

Censored

Reaction score
So? It's still something that can happen even in the Muppets regardless of the type of humor.
It’s just that the Muppets are not going to do everything Family Guy does. The latter is adult humor with very different standards. If they do decide to have a Caucasian perform an African American Muppet, it definitely won’t be because they used Family Guy as a role model.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It’s just that the Muppets are not going to do everything Family Guy does. The latter is adult humor with very different standards. If they do decide to have a Caucasian perform an African American Muppet, it definitely won’t be because they used Family Guy as a role model.
Well, you have a point there.

I just felt it kind of silly that some of us think just because a character has a certain race it HAS to be voiced by a performer of the same race. As Snowth pointed out earlier, we have female characters voiced by men. Heck, we've occasionally had male characters voiced by women. So why not have one race doing an opposite character race?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
You can't really compare the two. Family Guy is a show in very bad taste that goes in with the intention of offending across the board.
I love the Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, Cleveland reminds me of Derek Jeter's Dad, meaning his voice and the way he looks,
I am a Yankees fan!

@Censored
If you read the Jim Henson Biography by Brian Jay Jones, Jim always intended The Muppets to be an adult thing he didn't want to be saddled by being a kid performer, heck he didn't set out to work with puppets he wanted to be a Live Action Film maker no puppets. What we ended up getting with the Muppets Is Family entertainment that kids and adults can enjoy, kind of like Pixar. Muppets and Pixar are not Kids Entertainment they are Family Entertainment there Is a big Difference. I love both Muppets and Pixar still and I am 36 years old and I am sure that Is the case with a lot of people on here at least with the Muppets...

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Well, you have a point there.

I just felt it kind of silly that some of us think just because a character has a certain race it HAS to be voiced by a performer of the same race. As Snowth pointed out earlier, we have female characters voiced by men. Heck, we've occasionally had male characters voiced by women. So why not have one race doing an opposite character race?
totally agree why is it Ok to have men playing Women Muppets but we cant have say a white guy voice a black Muppet sorry if that sounded wrong. a good example of this is Bobs Burger, a man voices Tina Bobs daughter and this is the case for most of the girls and women on the show they are mostly voiced by men. the show is hilarious and not just Adults like the show my 9 year old nephew loves the show he also loves the Cleveland show!

Censored

Reaction score
I love the Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, Cleveland reminds me of Derek Jeter's Dad, meaning his voice and the way he looks,
I am a Yankees fan!

@Censored
If you read the Jim Henson Biography by Brian Jay Jones, Jim always intended The Muppets to be an adult thing he didn't want to be saddled by being a kid performer, heck he didn't set out to work with puppets he wanted to be a Live Action Film maker no puppets. What we ended up getting with the Muppets Is Family entertainment that kids and adults can enjoy, kind of like Pixar. Muppets and Pixar are not Kids Entertainment they are Family Entertainment there Is a big Difference. I love both Muppets and Pixar still and I am 36 years old and I am sure that Is the case with a lot of people on here at least with the Muppets...
And Family Guy is neither kids nor family entertainment. There is also a difference between being edgy and being disgusting just for shock value.