Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not quite:

ABC and CBS at least let Jim make pilots, and CBS was on board with TMS at one point, but then opted out the very next day.

But another thing to remember too, is that the Kroffts were making shows specifically for Saturday Morning, while Jim was trying to sell the networks on the idea that puppets could be primetime as well; puppets seemed more logical for Saturday Mornings than they did primetime.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Not quite:

ABC and CBS at least let Jim make pilots, and CBS was on board with TMS at one point, but then opted out the very next day.

But another thing to remember too, is that the Kroffts were making shows specifically for Saturday Morning, while Jim was trying to sell the networks on the idea that puppets could be primetime as well; puppets seemed more logical for Saturday Mornings than they did primetime.
yeah, but London got the idea, and I'm glad of that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, and again, this is one of the reasons why Jim was able to get more done in the U.K. than in the D.S.: other countries still have respect for the creative and artistic aspect of show business.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I swear they just changed the thumbnail for the latest Animal one...either that or I'm going crazy

mbmfrog

Reaction score
So is everyone suddenly hating Muppets 2011? It's weird that initially muppet productions receive critical acclaim on this site, but as time goes on, everyone starts to hate them. Same thing happened with VMX. I thought 'Pictures in my head' was a great song.
To me,

My disappointment with this film and its sequel was the choice of HUMAN Companions/casting.

Not the Muppets, but their human allies and foes. Outside Ty Burrell who I thought was perfect in his role, the Human casting of the recent Muppet films could have been better.