1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

That was exactly what I was thinking!

Censored likes this.
  2. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Well-Known Member

Someone posted this on another forum, but the interviewer just had to ask about a "new frog".

However, Matt saying "Hi-Ho" was pretty good.

3. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Well-Known Member

I asked because this is stated on that website:

Making an appearance will be Paul Williams, 76, who co-wrote the songbook (with Kenny Ascher) for “The Muppet Movie,” including the Oscar-winning song “The Rainbow Connection.”

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ah, so this answers that question:

5. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Well-Known Member

I always crack up when Kermit loses his temper in TMTM :)

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  6. xSunnyEclipse

Yeah I was just gonna post that video.

Looks like the finale of the 2015 show didn't affect anything. Nice knowing you guys...lol.

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh well. I actually think she's a much more interesting character whenever she's not obsessing over Kermit.

8. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Okay, you guys might hate me for this, but I thought Matt was spot-on with Kermit in that clip. It seems like so far we've just been going by brief clips in the TOTW videos, but now that he got to say more, it seems like Matt is really putting his heart into it. I wouldn't know that the voice has changed. On a different topic, it's too bad they didn't answer the question of whether Kermit and Miss Piggy got back together, but maybe they are waiting for the actual show to address that. We'll see. (At least those fans who will be able to go, will see what happens there, maybe. Lol.)

9. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

No hate at all. Thanks for your input.

MikaelaMuppet and pjtoadie like this.
  10. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Wait that's in the official website? The Rainbow Connection didn't win an Oscar ...

11. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I'm happy to say, I'm starting to warm up to Matt's Kermit. I wonder, is that a new Kermit puppet, or is Matt's hand shape just different? The head looks larger.

Also, I've noticed something about Matt's portrayal of Kermit. He seems a bit more... sarcastic? Do you know what I mean? And his overall tone is a lot calmer than Steve or Jim. It might just be me, but his portrayal (so far) reminds me of the early Kermit;

EDIT: Also Piggy is meaner than usual. Her personality seems to fluctuate a lot, doesn't it?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  12. xSunnyEclipse

Yeah like..I don't know what's up with Piggy's attitude in those interviews. She's acting a lot more meaner than usual.

They really need to fix her writing. Seriously.

13. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not quite sold just yet. It's getting better, but
    I'm the one who's gonna get the hate. While I do believe Matt is getting better, I'm still not quite sold. I will probably never be completely sold, actually. And before you start jumping down my throat and accuse me of being a "blind follower" of Steve's, let me just say, my favorite Kermit was Jim's, and therefore, I really never was completely sold on Steve's Kermit, either.

14. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I don't think that deserves any hate at all. Change is really hard to get used to, especially after having one performer do Kermit for over 20 years. It's completely natural to be on the fence.

15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Are you Matt Vogel?

16. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I probably come the closest to being a 'blind Steve follower' on this site and even I must admit that Matt has some potential. I'm with you on probably never being completely sold on the 'New Kermit'. Steve's performance will always be my favourite and I honestly don't see a problem with that.

Sure, I'll support Matt's performance, but I'll never be shouting it's brilliance from the rooftops.

I can't tell you how many times I've nearly fallen off that fence never to return. ;):D:):coy:

Yorick likes this.
  17. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Matt's certainly a talented performer, but there's a lot to get used to with this change. To me, it sounded like a fan performing Kermit for something like a YouTube fanvid, but not the real, actual Kermit.

Did you say 'probably'?

gavry3, cahuenga and JimAndFrank like this.
  18. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Oh silly me!

Correction: I am the embodiment of a 'blind Steve follower'...minus the 'blind' part.

Is that better?

Yorick, gavry3, cahuenga and 2 others like this.
  19. xSunnyEclipse

My thoughts exactly.

Yorick and cahuenga like this.
  20. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

I wish.

pjtoadie likes this.