Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I've been somwhat quite about my thoughts on the whole issue, but that last article spoke to me, and I see this whole situation for what it truly is. Now I feel ready to speak my mind on the matter.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You're right, it doesn't mean that they're "destroying" the Muppets. But it's just what it seems like sometimes. Just my opinion. What, am I not allowed to have a negative opinion on Disney?
I am a Muppet fan! They could be owned by anyone or any company and I would still be a Muppet fan!
I have very little respect for the way Disney has dealt with this whole issue. From the fireing of Steve, to the out right lies that they and Henson are spreading to distory Steve's character. If there is anyone who is having bad bussness ethics it's Disney. So @ErinAardvark don't worry your not the only one whobhas trouble with Disney!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I am a Muppet fan! They could be owned by anyone or any company and I would still be a Muppet fan!
I have very little respect for the way Disney has dealt with this whole issue. From the fireing of Steve, to the out right lies that they and Henson are spreading to distory Steve's character. If there is anyone who is having bad bussness ethics it's Disney. So @ErinAardvark don't worry your not the only one whobhas trouble with Disney!
It's not that I have trouble with Disney (I love Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck), it's just that I don't like the way Disney's handling the Muppets as of late. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed "The Muppets" 2011, and I also enjoyed "Muppets Most Wanted," but the TV show made me want to cringe (seriously, Miss Piggy just standing there when Kermit broke up with her? Even my parents, who aren't as big as Muppet fans as I am, couldn't believe that one! Kermit would be flung clear across the street if he broke up with Piggy!)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cheryl, to me, seemed to take all of this far more personally than Lisa and Brian did - I know Steve's comment in particular, "I am Kermit, Kermit is me," really set her off, but still, she did seem to come off as rather harsh in her response; Lisa and Brian were a little more tactful.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't think any of us can speak for anyone else ever. However, with the case of Jim his thoughts, and his beliefs where very well documented. So we can kind of have some sort of idea of what he would have said done or thought about any givin situation.
If anyone here feels I was "attacking" The Henson's then I'm sorry. I was simply stateing the fact that from everything thas The Muppets have recently done they have not been involved. Since they have not been directly involved in these productions how can they clearly give any clear understanding of everthing going on?
So if the facts are an "attack" then I'm sorry.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sorry @p
Guys, I hate to be 'that guy', but there is some truth to this. If this were happening and Jim were still alive, then he probably would side with his kids. They're his kids after all. Most fathers will stick with their kids, they love them after all.

On the other hand though, "fathers must discipline their children" as well, so perhaps he would step out of heaven and come up to both parties, lay his hand on their shoulders and say, "Steve, I do think you've become more arrogant ever since you got the role of Kermit, but I know that your heart is in the right place, you just need to tone it down a bit. As for you" - addressing his kids - "the Muppets were about peace and love, not hatred against other people. Remember that the next time you respond harshly against Steve."

:coy:

:concern:

:smirk:

:stick_out_tongue:

F*** me, it's 12:30 at night, I'm not thinking straight. Feel free to disregard this whole post.
Guess you have a point. But I do think he wouldn't have taken sides.