1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Actually, this is why I love South Park. Family Guy feels kind of... doing it for the sake of doing it and not really doing anything other than that. With South Park, it's the exact same thing - only unlike Family Guy which seems to want to achieve something, South Park just doesn't give a [REDACTED]. They don't care what you think, they just do it anyway. Family Guy is a popular show, but I don't see why. Maybe the newer episodes aren't as good as the old ones, not sure. Haven't watched it that much because I don't really care.

South Park though, has remained a great show since its conceptions. On occasion, there'll be a 'meh' episode or scene (not a big fan of bathroom humor so I typically dislike it in the show) but for the most part keeps afloat and stays the show it's always been. I'll be honest, I don't usually laugh during South Park. But I don't care because laughter isn't the only thing that makes a show. South Park is a good show.

Dunno if I've made any since. I usually never do. But anyways... Hey! I think I'll go watch some South Park!

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I don't know why you always say you never make any sense. You articulate very well.

Old Thunder likes this.
  3. Old Thunder

Well I'm glad someone thinks that. :p

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Have a glass of wine everytime 1000 Eyes thinks he doesn't make sense. :p

5. Pig's Laundry

But, if I do that then he REALLY won't make sense.

Old Thunder likes this.
  6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I've never really seen South Park but family guy is really funny. You may not agree but it's my sort of humor

7. LittleJerry92

I liked it until season 8. Then it became obvious that Fox was milking Seth MacFarlane for all his worth.

But that's another subject for another day.

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, Seth has actually been wanting to end Family Guy for years, but FOX won't let him. Unfortunately, this is another example of corporate influence: if Seth held the rights to his own creation, he probably could have ended it when he felt it was time, but since FOX owns the rights, they call all the shots.

9. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Dontcha just *loooooove* corporate greed?

10. Old Thunder

Aye!

11. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Active Member

Thought of the week video is finally up. Curious to know your reactions of Matt's peformance of Kermit.

12. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but this is going to take a while to get used to...

13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's . . . okay. I'm not sure if it's nerves, or if Matt's tired, or what, but the overall performance seemed kind of listless.

Powerstars and Muppy like this.
  14. cahuenga

cahuenga Well-Known Member

With all my respects to Matt, who is an excellent performer....his Kermit voice sucks... Its Constantine, not Kermit.

15. LittleJerry92

Sorry, but....

#notmyKermitthefrog

16. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I am optimistic about Matt growing into as Kermit.

17. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Well-Known Member

VERY optimistic!! It sounds like early Muppet Show Kermit ala Jim!!

18. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Well-Known Member

I'm mixed..

He has the mannerisms down and the little chuckle was great

but I feel like Kermit's voice went from high pitch to DEEP.

I don't know guys..I really don't know.

Powerstars and scooterfan360 like this.
  19. Pig's Laundry

Wow, I was not expecting this news today.

Obviously this is Matt's first time playing Kermit, so I won't judge it yet, and neither should anybody else. Matt is going to grow into the role, just like Steve did. Don't forget, Steve's first performance was kind of meh too. Heck, even Jim continued to evolve the character over time. It took Ryan Dillon a while to get the hang of Elmo, but now I can't imagine anyone else taking over from Kevin. He will get better! Just the fact that he's already showing potential is a great sign that he can only get better from here. The mannerisms and attitude of a character are far more important than the voice, and even the voice will improve over time. Seriously guys, there's no reason to worry just yet.

20. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Excellent! Sounds more like the original Jim Henson!