Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Walter

Reaction score
"I just want you all to know that I am sorry if I have disappointed any of you at any point throughout our journey, and to let everyone know that I am devastated to have failed in my duty to my hero."

No Steve... you have never failed us... just thinking about how much you've put into Kermit... How you made him who he is today... I can't believe this is happening...

You're a hero to us all Steve... YOU brought Kermit here... Brought US here... don't think for one second that you've let us down...

YOU brought me the Kermit I grew up with... and for that I, and millions of other fans, will be forever grateful... Thank you and good luck sir... :smile:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I'm quite shocked more fans are not upset about this. Sesame fired the older cast members, and it's like the world was coming to an end. Disney dose this to Steve and people are just like meh Disney had the right. What?
I'm kind of in shock over this myself, especially since Steve feels like he's not only failed us (meaning the fans), but Jim Henson as well. I'm not going to jump to conclusions over Disney's decision, but I don't like it one bit. I grew up with a mix of the Henson Kermit and the Whitmire Kermit (I was born in 1982), and when I first heard Steve's Kermit, I wasn't impressed, but the more I heard it, the more I got used to it, and it's probably going to be the same with Matt Vogel's Kermit (and the realization that Matt Vogel was also Constantine put me in hysterics for a moment or so), but it's not going to make me feel better about this situation.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
He has always been one of my favorite Muppet Performers Growing Up (Next to Stephanie D'Abruzzo and Dave Goelz)

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Steve's Kermit is what I grew up with, too. But thanks to VHS tapes, I heard Jim as Kermit, too.

And Steve, you never disappointed anyone. You've done so much for your fans just like Jim, Frank and the others.

As for the situation between him and Disney, I am upset about what happened, I'm not sure if I should distance myself from Disney any farther than I already have. I do love plenty of Disney movies.

But I can't help but think about Dave Goelz, the two are very much best friends, I wonder how he feels about losing his friend because of what went down. I'm sure they'll see each other outside of the Muppets, but I can't imagine how upset he must be.