Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
As far as im concerned, this could very well be the true beginning of the end for these characters. Disney has kicked to the proverbial curb the man Jim Henson himself hand picked to play Kermit. And even though Matt Vogel is a very talented man, all of this really seems like Disney is making a very hardcore effort to give themselves total control of what the frog says and does. That just makes me uncomfortable.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Hearing this news reminds me of Joey Mazzarino and Sesame Street how he quit the show. Honestly it like these big wigs don't care about what makes these characters special anymore to the overall public. :concern:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
As far as im concerned, this could very well be the true beginning of the end for these characters. Disney has kicked to the proverbial curb the man Jim Henson himself hand picked to play Kermit. And even though Matt Vogel is a very talented man, all of this really seems like Disney is making a very hardcore effort to give themselves total control of what the frog says and does. That just makes me uncomfortable.
If I recall correctly, Disney was anxious about Jim's demand that Kermit stays under his creative control in the original deal. They wouldn't even trust Jim.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
This Is puzzling to be sure, he has been Kermit since what 1990? since Henson died. I thought when Whitmore started his lines were limited but he Honed the character over the years and Is now the best Kermit Disney could ever hope to find. Matt Vogel Is a veteran Muppeteer so I am sure he will do Ok but a loss to be sure.