Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

CBPuppets

Reaction score
thank you ! i thought that i was the only one who thought that, Disney being so darn money hungry, went on and brought a franchise, that they really don't know how to handle, and now since it's blowing up in their faces, they go and blame and the fire the one puppeteer, who has the most knowledge of the main character of that franchise, way to go Disney, for pulling a stunt like this.
The only reason Jim Wanted to sell to the muppets was because he wanted the Company to take over the Business Finances while Jim would work on other projects

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Funny how, the Kermit moment of the past decade people were most moved by (Pictures in My Head) is the epitome of sad Whitmere Kermit.
I have to agree there. That songs comes in very handy for mew when I'm reminded of people I'm never going to see again. *sigh*

scooterfan360

Reaction score
But here's the thing...does anyone honestly think the Henson company or...whatever the heck that German company was called, could have done a better job? Does anyone actually believe the Hensons would have had the ability to put out two features, a TV show, a few TV specials and several award winning YouTube videos? Disney at least tried to get these characters out there in commercials and other projects. The Henson's barely seem capable of getting ANYTHING off the ground. Why are people begrunding them for selling to Disney when Disney, for all its faults, made a commitment to bring back and recast as many characters as they could and put out as many projects as they did in spite of a mainstream audience that didn't seem all that enthused? Under Disney, we've seen things we thought we'd never see back in the '90s and early 2000s.

All the great things we do have now; Electric Mayhem concerts, Muppets leading the Thanksgiving parade, a Hollywood Bowl concert, a truly successful feature, the full-blown return of Rowlf, Scooter and Janice, the resurrection of Uncle Deadly...all this happened under Disney's watch.

Yet they fire Steve Whitmire for reasons that seem entirely justified and now they're the bad guy.
well, both sides made wrong moves, Henson selling to Disney, and Disney firing the puppeteer with the most knowledge of the main character. nobody is really the bad guy here, both sides each made wrong moves. even though Disney revived the Muppet franchise, i still think that they don't quite know how to handle them, i think that the 2015 TV show, really didn't fit the Muppets, the parade appearances, movies and the return of retired characters like scooter, and rowlf and the concerts ect...was okay, but Disney really needs to focus on this franchise, and not the money that it is bringing in, and not make anymore bad moves, like the one that just made, or change the characters personalities, like the writers did, and bring in writers who are familiar with the Muppets behaviors, and personalities. and if they can't do that, then they should sell the Muppets to a company who has knowledge of handling them. i don't understand how Disney got to be more all about money, and less about entertainment, Disney use not be like this.

Censored

Reaction score
Don't forget. Disney, like Jim, has brought a lot of joy to the world.

Censored

Reaction score
Also, don’t think Walt Disney wasn’t every bit the smart businessman as he was a delightful creative genius. That’s why his studio turned into an empire instead of going belly-up like so many other nice animation studios of that time. Entertainment and money are not mutually exclusive. I think it’s as easy to fall down the path of speaking for Walt as it is to speak for Jim.