1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Switching gears for a second, I was reading through some comments on Steve's blog, and saw someone say that
    Also interesting to note, they cited Production Assistants as their source.
    Mike Quinn quickly popped in to correct that statement:
    Sounds like it's his word against Mike's. Guess we won't know for sure until the Hollywood Bowl

2. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Yeah, Matt's Kermit is more nasal than Jim. I thought it sounded a bit like a deeper Artie Esposito.

3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Psshht! You're just comparing voices.

BobbyBenson64 likes this.
  4. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Not entirely.

5. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd still have the same opinion as I do now if Steve wouldn't have gotten fired.

And my opinion is still eh but I'm proud of Matt.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  6. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Well-Known Member

Neither Is The Simpsons a Family or Kids show, The Simpsons Is an Adult Sitcom but Kids Watch It. The Original Muppets weren't supposed to be for kids either It was supposed to be for Adults. That's what Jim originally Envisioned.

7. Censored

The Simpsons is a step above the sick humor of South Park and Family Guy. The Muppets are way above it all.

8. DARTH MUPPET

My first thought Is Kermit on the Muppet Show voiced by Jim, has shades of that In It. So there Is some hope here! It will take time for Matt to master the voice before a big Muppet production like a TV show or Movie hopefully that Is In the works by the way?

9. DARTH MUPPET

The Simpsons are a show In the Vein of The Honeymooners or the Flintstones but Definitely intended for Adults bottom line no reason a white dude cant voice a black dude weather its for kids or adults what does it matter? In the end Its Voice Acting and Puppeteering. If you are good at both voice acting and puppeteering what does it matter what race or gender you are.
    Do we all forget this was the Muppets,

10. Censored

I saw that when it first came out. The title makes it sound more adult than it actually is, but yes, the Muppets do cross age barriers, but that does NOT put them in the same class with South Park or Family Guy.

pjtoadie likes this.
  11. Censored

It can be done without disrespect. That is certain. Still, if you study the history of Minstrel Shows and the Amos and Andy radio program, you might understand why some are just a little uncomfortable with the idea.

12. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Active Member

To me, it sounds like a combination of Constantine (at first, not all the way through), Steve (only in the slightest, please don't hurt me), and of course Jim. It will take some getting used to for me, but it was the exact same way for me when I heard Matt perform Big Bird for the first time, and then Ryan perform Elmo for the first time.

13. DARTH MUPPET

Amos And Andy your talking about a show from the 50's that was racist you cant compare a show from the 1950's to a show or movie in 2017 lets be honest here a lot has changed in our country even If Trump Is trying to take us back 1,000 steps backward In time. Sorry for bringing politics into it.

14. DARTH MUPPET

Not saying Its In a Family Guy or South Park Level but anywhere from Adult To Family but not Kids programing Simpsons In the classic era or Futurama maybe...

15. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Alright, I've been hesitant to bring this up. First off, let me make this clear: I am not Team Steve or Team Disney. I am Team Muppets.

DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN NEITHER CONFIRMED OR DENIED. I AM SIMPLY POSTING WHAT IS READILY AVAILABLE.

Now, there has been someone very active on both Steve's blog and on twitter, going by the names @FleeceThroat and Steve Fawner. He has been claiming to have a lot of inside info, even going as far as to release and email from Steve back from 2005.

One of the most interesting stories he told on his twitter account was about a so called "Mafia Dinner" that happened with Steve and three other performers. You can read up about it more over the course of about 20 tweets. Based on the information they sprinkled throughout, it seems two of the performers present were most likely David Rudman, and John Tartaglia. (Tartaglia I am certain, and all the hints for Rudman line up).

Also, as support to this so called "blacklist" of performers, the twitter account says the truth will be revealed when all these performers return at the Hollywood Bowl for the first time in years.

This isn't meant to start some heated argument between members, it is simply meant to shed light on a situation unfolding on the blog that some people might not know about.

16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

This guy has some kind of personal issue with Steve. I personally think he is full of crap. He won't tell us who he really is, and where his sources are coming from. He is simply one of the many trolls Steve has on his blog. Some of those trolls are even here on the forum.

17. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Yeah. We got to watch for those here Ever since I went to the Taco Bell Corporate office forum to complain about them cursing in their 'endless apps' commercial, I've had to deal with a dirty troll posting rude/nasty comments, so it's not impossible we have people like that on these forums as well. (Who knows? It could even be the same person posting here.) We'll have to keep the mods alert when these things happen.

cahuenga likes this.
  18. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I don't believe a word of what some of these people are saying, because when asked for proof, they do not provide it.

Yorick and cahuenga like this.
  19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Oh, no? Tell me what out of a 14 second clip makes you believe that Jim's Kermit is going to come back?

20. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

So @FleeceThroat posted this on his Twitter a while ago...
    [​IMG]

It's funny cause it's true.