Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
So sad to hear this news. I can't wait to hear more about his reasons for leaving. Until then, I will look forward to Matt Vogel's new role. Let's hope he does a good job and nails not only Kermit's voice but his mannerisms too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looking at what little info has been leaked so far, I'm starting to wonder if maybe Steve's departure is on similar grounds as Joey's was for leaving SST?

GonzoMan

Reaction score
Looking at what little info has been leaked so far, I'm starting to wonder if maybe Steve's departure is on similar grounds as Joey's was for leaving SST?
I was thinking the same thing myself.

gravy

Reaction score
If I do recall, Steve's last appearance was a bit raspy.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I was in shock when I heard about this! I can honestly say that he was a great performer in his own right and I wish him the best of luck.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If I do recall, Steve's last appearance was a bit raspy.
I wonder about that too. I was watching MCC last night as a tribute and it seems like Steve's :smile: was pretty dead on there, but in Steve's most recent appearances as :smile:, I've noticed the raspiness in his voice. I worry about that because Disney has let go of Paul Winchell as Tigger because they thought his voice has gotten to raspy to properly portray the character, but I don't know. Just a theory. A GAME THEORY! Lol. Just trying to lighten the mood here.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
I just hope Dave Goelz doesn't leave next because of this. He's really the only performer left who was one of the originals on TMS.