Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the timing of it all but maybe they were busy with major Muppet projects. The Muppets came out in 2011 and probably filming for a couple of years before that. Then they started filming Muppets Most Wanted which came out in 2014. And then they went into the new show last year. So maybe the timing just wasn't right to bring in a new Kermit. Hopefully this isn't a sign that we shouldn't expect anything for a bit.
That's kind of what I'm worried about. Still, before Steve left they said they had to get up early and be prepared for something. Unless that project he was talking about fell off the table after he got fired.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
i know this has nothing to with this thread, but why did they stop making the pigs in space videos ?
Typical Disney. Make one or two of a new "series" of muppet videos and then stop making them. I remember they started this thing called "muppisodes" and they made one & rehashed an old video for the second episode. Same thing happened with PIS I guess, I really wish they'd consistently make viral videos like they used to in late 00's/early 10's. Ironically, muppet thought of the week is the only thing that has gotten a good amount of episodes, until now that is.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Typical Disney. Make one or two of a new "series" of muppet videos and then stop making them. I remember they started this thing called "muppisodes" and they made one & rehashed an old video for the second episode. Same thing happened with PIS I guess, I really wish they'd consistently make viral videos like they used to in late 00's/early 10's. Ironically, muppet thought of the week is the only thing that has gotten a good amount of episodes, until now that is.
Remember when they ran out of ideas and just posted like 20+ of the Fozzie Jokes videos?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score