Steve Whitmire 2018 Convention Appearances

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was getting ready to say that still holding a con during a pandemic when we should be staying at home probably should not be a wise thing to do, but then I see that this was on their Facebook page, so yeah, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Speaking of GalaxyCon, they chose not to do it in my area this year, though it’s not because of Coronavirus - it was announced on the week before so many places shut down because of it. It was because the area needed them to guarantee more out-of-town visitors than they thought they could get (apparently, conventions need to guarantee a certain amount of out of town visitors, and this one was just out of reach for them).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Usually my town has two cons each year: a summer one in July, and a fall one in October . . . however, a couple of years ago (coincidentally the year I met Steve), they just had the one con in the summer and not another one in the fall, because apparently the year before (when the SS cast came), their fall con didn't have the turn out they were expecting.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
OT, but as good a place to say it as any, so as not to create controversy with a new post...
I was rewatching the unfairly maligned Muppets from 2015, and my god, Whitmire was at his
pinnacle as a performer. The range of expressions he brought to Kermit was amazing to watch.