Steve Martin used to be so great.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Seriously... from '77-'89, he was THE man.

Of course, his cameo in The Muppet Movie is genius. He turns the simplest dialogue into some of the funniest human lines in the movie. I crack up whenever he says "Oh, may I?"

I think his masterpiece is The Jerk, although I really enoy him in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Man With Two Brains, ¡Three Amigos!, and especially Planes, Trains, And Automobiles.

My personal favorite performance is his demented dentist in Little Shop Of Horrors. His musical number is a show-stopper, most definitely.

Unfortunately, today he brings us subpar movies like The Pink Panther and Cheaper By The Dozen. Sigh.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea he needs to make some new movies other then remakes or so. I would love to see him in a newer movie. Thats what he needs to go for. New movies not remakes. Come on Steve. Help us out here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everything's been remakes lately. Because were slowly coming upon that time of the history of mankind where everything's already been done before. Before you know it, nothing will be new.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think he is still funny, but does anyboy think that money might play a factor in all this?

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
I have enjoyed his movies and I hope there are still movies to be made with him in them.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yaeh, I'm just glad he is around after all these years.

P

Princeton

Yeah, my dad feels the exact same way. Though, Father of the Bride Part II always chokes me up, and Bringing Down The House defined 10th grade for me.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I will say that I really enjoyed Shopgirl, which was vastly underrated.

Bringing Down the House... man. I was embarrased to be seen leaving that theater when it was over.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I love his books, especially Pleasure Of My Company and Pure Drivel. And those came out pretty recently, so he's still got it. But I agree, Cheaper by the Dozen is very, very bad as far as comedy movies go. Pink Panther was all right. I mean, he'll never fill Peter Sellers' shoes, but that movie was pretty funny. Plus he just had his Kennedy Center Award, his first award in like thirty years, so that might get him some better movies.