Songs You Can't Stand

snichols1973

Reaction score
And there's one version of "Hooked on a Feeling" that I don't like. The version that sounds like a tribal version. Not sure if that's the original or not, or who performed it (and I don't know who performed the other version). The other version has a better tune and better music, but that tribal-sounding one is really annoying.
B.J. Thomas recorded the original version in 1968; the cover version with the annoying "tribal chants" was done by Blue Swede, a pop group from Sweden.

As for one of the songs I can't stand: "Ain't No Sunshine (When She's Gone)"
by Bill Withers. That song is so depressing and gloomy, and the repetitive "I know" section is so monotonous, I'd rather change the station or turn off my radio than listen to that drag of a song......

(My car stereo only gets AM stations because the FM band is kaput, and I'm hoping to get a better one someday....)

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
As for one of the songs I can't stand: "Ain't No Sunshine (When She's Gone)"
by Bill Withers. That song is so depressing and gloomy, and the repetitive "I know" section is so monotonous, I'd rather change the station or turn off my radio than listen to that drag of a song......
I know what you mean. The only time that song ever made me smile was in that Fresh Prince episode where Will played it on a jukebox and acted like the record was skipping. I really like Bill Withers' "Lean on Me", though.

One of the songs I absolutely hate is "Hey Paula" by Paul and Paula. I'm all for sappy love songs, but this one is just nauseating and sickeningly sweet. Just thinking about it makes my teeth hurt.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't mind "Hey Paula" myself. Sappy love song aside, I kind of like the overall melody of the tune.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Whitney Houston's "I'll Always Love You". Back where I used to work they played the same ten songs on the P.A. ad nauseum, and if there was a song you didn't like, it was gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG day. Because your eardrums would be subject to that song about 20 times that day.

Until my techno-wiz friend managed to reprogram it, and actually put on a batch of old Saturday morning cartoon theme songs. So sorry, Whitney. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of know how you feel... granted, I don't mind the song, but I feel the same way about Phil Collins's "In the Air Tonight" (since that's, like, his signature song, much like "I Will Always Love You" was Whitney's).

I heard of a sad case of this girl who was kidnapped by a creepy old neighbor, who kept him locked up in a tiny, underground bunker of sorts for like a couple of weeks or so before the cops finally found him and rescued her; she said he had a small TV down there for her, which he only kept on MTV, and that was back in the day when "I Will Always Love You" was THE number one song, so they played the video of it a lot, and to this day, she is still bothered by the song, because it brings back those unpleasant memories.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Whitney Houston's "I'll Always Love You". Back where I used to work they played the same ten songs on the P.A. ad nauseum, and if there was a song you didn't like, it was gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG day. Because your eardrums would be subject to that song about 20 times that day.

Until my techno-wiz friend managed to reprogram it, and actually put on a batch of old Saturday morning cartoon theme songs. So sorry, Whitney. :smile:
Okay... this song was never my favorite, but I love "One Moment In Time." Does anybody disagree?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm a Music Choice listener, and I tune in regularly to the Hip Hop Classics, Throwback Jams, 80s, etc. What I don't like is that last fall, they started modifying the Hip Hop Classics channel to be for mature audiences; they now play explicit versions of songs for artists mainly from the 90s. I can't stand those songs because I often have to mute the words with my remote to enjoy the music to avoid hearing profane words.

Does anyone else here listen to Music Choice?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes. Solid Gold Oldies, 80s, Sounds of the Season (when they have Halloween music, Christmas music, and techno music).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Bend-a-car is slowly turning into one of those songs that the more you hear it, the more it gets on your nerves, and the more it gets on your nerves, the more you dislike it...