Something of a ponder...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
This idea's been bouncing around my head for the past week or so (which means I now have a Muppet muse around somewhere that I have to find and identify), so I finally figured I'd ask opinions on it.

Here it is, basically: how would the Fraggles react if they knew about 9/11? Say Gobo was showing his Uncle Matt's postcards to Doc and there was one that had the Twin Towers on the front, and Doc kind of got choked up? How would he explain something like that to Gobo? Or suppose Matt was out on one of his trips, and sent a postcard about it back to Gobo? What would he say?

So, am I totally out of line with this? Or do you think this idea has potential?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Skeeter,

Hey,
i think that a Fraggle episode aimed at helping Children learn about 11/9 would be great.

They are making a Bear episode, I think a Fraggle episode would be so much more touching tho.

Seeya

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Totally cool but haven't the fraggle puppets been destroyed or built into other muppets.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Technically this was a fanfic idea and I was trying to get feedback from other people (especially Fraggle fans) before I decided whether or not to write it.

I think that the Fraggle puppets are still around; they're just in storage and in need of a bit of repair.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>i think that a Fraggle episode aimed at helping Children learn about 11/9 <<<

Aw yes, the horrific terrorist acts of November 9th...how could any of us forget?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
>>>i think that a Fraggle episode aimed at helping Children learn about 11/9 <<<

Aw yes, the horrific terrorist acts of November 9th...how could any of us forget?
Hehehehehehe...I didn't wanna be the one to point that out, but I'm not surprised someone did!

Okay, if I'm going to do this I need a little info, since it's been a while since I've seen Fraggle Rock. Did Doc and Sprocket actually end up moving, and is there a new hole that the Fraggles can use to go and see him?

-Kim

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory + Skeeter,

We do it different over here in England.

We put the Day, Then Month then Year.

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I just thought of this, You guys say it wrong.

We say, 11th Day of the 9th Month.

And you would say 9th Month and 11th day ?

I think the first one makes more sence.

see ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Okay, if I'm going to do this I need a little info, since it's been a while since I've seen Fraggle Rock. Did Doc and Sprocket actually end up moving, and is there a new hole that the Fraggles can use to go and see him?<<<

Yes, they moved to the upstairs portion of th emysterious Ned Shimmelfinny's house in an undisclosed desert(Sahara? Arizona? Tunisia?) This happened in 'Change of Address', the final FR which happens to be one of the most emotional and moving Muppet things Ive ever seen. Luckily they conveinently had a portal in the wall ala Being John Malkovich to be able to visit him. Apparently there is also a connecting fraggle tunnel under Fozzie's moms place, along with a portal into a Manhattan Pottery Barn.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Okay, cool. Now onto another question (why the heck does inspiration strike the day before I wanted to get this fic out?)

Okay, for this ficlet, would it make more sense to have the Fraggle Five have aged a little since the series finale, or should I keep them the same age and just have Doc's move have taken place sometime during late fall/winter 2001?

-Kim