So . . . A New Mario Movie?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
John Leguizamo being Latino is something I think can be forgiven when you realize there are actually a lot of similarities between Latinos and such Italians - but otherwise, yeah, he was an odd choice for Luigi.

What about Dennis Hopper as Bowser/King Koopa? Talk about ham and cheese.

But the absolutely worst acting in the entire movie? Daisy's father when he returns to humanoid form, where he delivers the only two lines he has in the most flat, most wooden, most emotionless way possible: "I'm back. I love those plumbers."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On the subject of a video game-based movie...

I'd be down for a Crash Bandicoot movie, as long as they keep the same actors for Crash, Dr. Neo Cortex, Crunch, and one of my waifu's - I MEAN Coco.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh wow, just noticed Snowth's mention on Daisy.

Dear God she was definitely the worst actress in that movie. I just wanted to scourge my eyes out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've only seen her in one other movie from the early 90s, and it was Julie Kavner playing a single mother who finds overnight fame as a stand up comedienne and ends up ignoring and neglecting her two daughters (one of whom was the same girl who played Daisy) in the process.

mr3urious

Reaction score
According to rumors, the movie could see a release in 2020, around the time Tokyo hosts the Summer Olympics. And Nintendo will be closely involved in the production, which could mean heavily scrutinizing the script. If Charles Schulz's sons can do so for The Peanuts Movie, they should be able to, too.

So we shouldn't have to fear the Goombas turning into Minion clones, like what became of the Humming Fish in their adaptation of The Lorax. :stick_out_tongue:

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/169500641254

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Nintendo will be closely involved in the production, which could mean heavily scrutinizing the script. If Charles Schulz's sons can do so for The Peanuts Movie, they should be able to, too.
The Schulz family did everybody, including Sparky, a favor by doing that: I found the movie to be very respectful to the characters and their universe, and to actually have Charlie Brown come out as a winner in his own story for a change was very refreshing, and I think even Charles Schulz would have been proud of the movie.

Thank God the Schulz family also put a stop to attempts at franchising the movie - the Peanuts have way too much integrity for that to happen to them.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Thank God the Schulz family also put a stop to attempts at franchising the movie - the Peanuts have way too much integrity for that to happen to them.
I honestly wouldn't mind at least one sequel as long as it was given the same love and care. Maybe it could further Snoopy's relationship with Fifi, or even give his siblings more screen time. :smile: