So . . . A New Mario Movie?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I thought Nintendo said no more Mario after the 90s live action one.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Guess they changed their mind. Either way, it's nice to see that Nintendo is being less stubborn about licensing out their properties.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, cause a new one will TOTALLY do better after that bombshell movie from 1993.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought they said no to live action adaptations, like how the Dr. Seuss estate says no more live action movies after both the Grinch and Cat in the Hat.

Yeah, cause a new one will TOTALLY do better after that bombshell movie from 1993.
I actually like the 1993 movie. No, it wasn't perfect, they had very little source material to work with (I think a more solid premise like LOZ would probably better lend itself to cinematic storytelling), some of the casting choices were odd, and apparently the arrogant husband-wife directing team treated the actors like circus animals, but I still find it to be an imaginative and creative movie in its own right. With the Goombas and that Yoshi, it almost kind of feels like a Henson Creature Shop stepchild movie.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I thought they said no to live action adaptations, like how the Dr. Seuss estate says no more live action movies after both the Grinch and Cat in the Hat.

I actually like the 1993 movie. No, it wasn't perfect, they had very little source material to work with (I think a more solid premise like LOZ would probably lent itself to cinematic storytelling), some of the casting choices were odd, and apparently the arrogant husband-wife directing team treated the actors like circus animals, but I still find it to be an imaginative and creative movie in its own right. With the Goombas and that Yoshi, it almost kind of feels like a Henson Creature Shop stepchild movie.
That's what I said above.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure it would do better if it was done right. Mario is extremely popular and I'm sure both kids and adults would go and see it. I know I would. I just hope it'll be animated, though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just don't like video-game based movies or TV shows. It's like the equivalent of movie or TV show-based games.

The only thing that I liked was that it had the guy who played Eddie in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Too lazy to look up the actor's name.