Sketches You Hated as a Kid

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's the funny comments that I miss, like on Jon Brangwynne's upload of the 80s version of ABC-DEF-GHI.

"Looks like Big Bird pooped out his toy truck!"

"Why was Big Bird playing with Ernie in his bathtub?"

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Here’s a few more segments I hated:
  • The Paper Crumpling series (very overplayed and boring)
  • Any of those “Day Care” segments from season 30 (went on far too long)
  • Charlie’s Outdoor Al Fresco Fresh Air Cafe (Mr. Johnson’s misfortune felt so forced here, especially since it wasn’t Grover’s fault)
  • B for Baker (the “Bummer” at the end turned me off)
  • Seymour the Snail (way more grotesque than Mo Willems’ other Sesame filmography, or even his books)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To each his on on the paper crumpling segments. I always digged that funky electro rap music.

The Johnson skit I don’t really hate but I do agree Grover should have just let him eat inside. Plus that was honestly a good looking cheeseburger gone to waste and he shouldn’t have been forced to pay for it because he never had a chance to even touch it.

The Daycare skits definitely went on longer than they should have, but sadly seasons 30-32 had some pretty dud Muppet skits.

Seymour I think was past when I stopped watching the show (32).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If I saw it then chances are it probably just slipped over my mind. 🤷🏿‍♂️ But yeah it is a pretty dull one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had to look it up myself. I seriously have no memories of ever seeing this thing.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Here’s another one I disliked: The Number Guy series. I always found them boring or just depressing sometimes (I especially hated the ending to the #1 cartoon).
On a side note, I meant to include this in my previous post, but I forgot.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Here’s another one I disliked: The Number Guy series. I always found them boring or just depressing sometimes (I especially hated the ending to the #1 cartoon).
On a side note, I meant to include this in my previous post, but I forgot.
You mean the falling chef guy who falls down the stairs and makes a mess? I know they stop running the stop because kids were making messes at home.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
No, those were long retired by my childhood (though I did watch and enjoy them on sesamestreet.org). I meant these cartoons: