Sketches You Hated as a Kid

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Having watched the last installment of @LittleJerry92’s Scariest SST Moments series, I must agree with his #1 pick. I only saw The Ballad of Casey McPhee once as a kid, but I hated it so much I never wanna see it again.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I was never a fan of those “groups of girls clap out this letter or number” segments.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, of all four movie theater segments (the initial three from season 5 and the one from season 16), this one always made me pretty infuriated whenever I watched it on my now-gone skit compilation tape:

In all honesty Ernie was just really annoying with his outbursts showing different emotions, and the folks continually throwing Bert under the bus over the disruptions only made the skit more frustrating. I don’t blame Bert at all for finally losing his **** at the end.

Any Del

Reaction score
To be honest, of all four movie theater segments (the initial three from season 5 and the one from season 16), this one always made me pretty infuriated whenever I watched it on my now-gone skit compilation tape:

In all honesty Ernie was just really annoying with his outbursts showing different emotions, and the folks continually throwing Bert under the bus over the disruptions only made the skit more frustrating. I don’t blame Bert at all for finally losing his **** at the end.
To each their own but yeah it's a shame that Bert was the butt monkey for Ernie's outbursts. The ending had me laughing out loud.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get the humor they were trying to go for in this segment, but it just didn’t work well for me.

With the first theater segment with the loud snacks, the unexpected ending of Bert getting kicked out for yelling was funny, because he sadly kind of dug himself in a hole yelling like that to begin with even if he lost his patience.

The second one with the lady and her tall hat was funny because Ernie was just making a fool of himself with Bert trying to get in his position to see the movie with the tall hat in front of him, and then she puts her hat in front of Bert, who now can’t see anymore, after Ernie asks politely, which serves as a funny butt monkey ending from giving Ernie the advice.

The third and final of season 5 however just had a very frustrating “let’s just throw everything on Bert” humor since he barely did anything to begin with. And again, I thought Ernie was pretty annoying in this one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, the one with Ernie showing his emotions is weird. The audience all seems to be annoyed with Ernie, and then they take it out on Bert because he's been doing all that talking (which wasn't particularly loud talking). And they start to take it out on Bert when everybody is laughing at the movie? How often do people get in trouble for laughing in a movie theater?